Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

"Ondertussen werken we achter de schermen keihard om nog veel meer mooie namen aan de line-up toe te voegen. Daarover binnenkort meer. "

or 

" In the meantime, we are working hard behind the scenes to make a lot more beautiful names to the line-up to add. More about that soon" according to the facebook translate function. So we can expect new announcements in a week or two

New Order would be decent, I think Justice would fit nice too (being announced for more and more festivals this year), the popular choices here seem to be Run the Jewels, Frank Ocean, King Gizzard... We should see soon enough though.

I do hope for some "beautiful" names :D

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really hoping for an announcement before Christmas, but without it it seems they are back in their usual pattern. It would be great if they would give us a major announcement like 2015 with more than 50% of all acts released at once. The major part of the program should already be booked and with the festival almost sold out they might want to reward the people buying early (and not only for Radiohead). ;)

1 minute ago, Nick07 said:

Bloody annoying 

it could sell out and only few bits announced so far 

how many tickets left ?

No idea, but they never said it's close to being sold out without really being close to being sold out (like many other festivals and concerts do to raise the ticket sales).

You can assume that the rest of the program most probably will be on the same level than in the past years:

http://www.bestkeptsecret.nl/#/history/

3 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

It's a lot of money to come from Uk tho 

would want some more acts that I like on the bill

Get it booked. You'll regret it otherwise. 

If anything, I think the line up (subs and below) will be better than ever. Partly due to the number of bands around this year and partly due to the increase in ticket price - all the extra money won't be all going to the 2 headliners already announced.

What bands are you looking to be added?

14 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

Like to see any of the following:

-Whitney

-Julia Jacklin 

-Angel Olsen 

-Ryan Adams 

-Cass Mccombs 

I am not sure who else will get added but some of the dancey stuff at other festivals is not for me 

You chances for several of them isn't that bad: Whitney, Julia Jackin and Cass Mccombs are playing other festivals on the BKS weekend and Angel Olson is booked the weekend before and after BKS. Ryan Adams will perform in Europe, but so far his confirmed shows are in July.

4 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

Like to see any of the following:

-Whitney

-Julia Jacklin 

-Angel Olsen 

-Ryan Adams 

-Cass Mccombs 

I am not sure who else will get added but some of the dancey stuff at other festivals is not for me 

Had it in my head that Whitney played last year but that's not the case. They're playing Bergen Fest in Norway the Wednesday of BKS week and are in for Maifield Derby which isn't too far from Tilburg so I'd say its very likely they'll be there.Same goes for Cass McCombs. A lot of the Maifield line up will be at BKS - https://love-your-artist.de/de/maifeld-derby/

Ryan Adams a possibility  

Angel Olsen ruled out - Dutch exclusive show in Utrecht 

Should imagine they'll be a few from Field Day as well. http://fielddayfestivals.com/line-up/

There are too many decent bands around in June to make it impossible to have a weak line up. 

Fully expect the following to be announced - 

King Gizzard, Thee Oh Sees, Whitney, Cass McCombs, Flaming Lips, Run The Jewels, Kate Tempest and probably the 1975. Hopefully Justice will be announced.

53 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

It's a lot of money to come from Uk tho 

would want some more acts that I like on the bill

I went last year for the first time and loved it - I would recommend booking it and trusting the rest of the line up. Its a lovely little festival.

Make a holiday out of it and have a few days in Amsterdam or another city before or after :-)

From the website (translated)

'We are your super grateful for the enthusiasm and confidence. And while we expect to announce a lot of beautiful things in the coming period. We are therefore working very hard on the rest of the program, improvements in the field and of course there are also some new surprises. Stay tuned!'

That says to me possibly a new stage.

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

From the website (translated)

'We are your super grateful for the enthusiasm and confidence. And while we expect to announce a lot of beautiful things in the coming period. We are therefore working very hard on the rest of the program, improvements in the field and of course there are also some new surprises. Stay tuned!'

That says to me possibly a new stage.

I'd be surprised to find an additional stage (they just introduced the Secret Garden stage last year) without extending the site and selling more tickets. In an interview the leadbooker said that Beekse Bergen could fit about 40.000 people, but that they are not intending to sell more than 25.000 tickets. 

If there is one thing I would change (and I really really hope they'll do) it would be to get rid of the terrible new stage 3 tent they had last year. The previous semi-openair-stage was my favorite stage at the festival and the new tent was a disaster.