Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

Do we definitley know that Beni wont share any acts with Mad Cool?

The only Mad Cool act announced as Spanish exclusive is Foo Fighets.

There are huge rumours that Green Day will be shared with another spanish festival (probably Resurrection Fest).

Last year Mad Cool shared some acts with other spanish festivals (for example The Who , 091 and London Souls with Azkena Festival)

I am not sure if they will share act with another major spansh festival (BBK or FIB), but it's a possibility.

Edited by johnybegood

6 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

There are huge rumours that Green Day will be shared with another spanish festival (probably Resurrection Fest).

Last year Mad Cool shared some acts with other spanish festivals (for example The Who , 091 and London Souls with Azkena Festival)

I am not sure if they will share act with another major spansh festival (BBK or FIB), but it's a possibility.

Good stuff.  I had a feeling Beni would get KoL given their history there and they will definitely do a heavy festival circuit next year.

17 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

They did share Biffy Clyro too last year but Mad Cool is now the weekend before FIB, so the likelihood of them sharing any major acts is incredibly low.

I can't see Mad Cool and Benicassim having any of the same international acts. Saying that, everyone man, woman and his dog seem to be playing Europe this summer, so here's plenty of announcements to come.  Anyway, how far is the beach and water park away from the Mad Cool festival site? It's not just about the music at FIB, after all.......is it?

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

I can't see Mad Cool and Benicassim having any of the same international acts. Saying that, everyone man, woman and his dog seem to be playing Europe this summer, so here's plenty of announcements to come.  Anyway, how far is the beach and water park away from the Mad Cool festival site? It's not just about the music at FIB, after all.......is it?

No it's not , it's about reading the Creation Records story on the beach mate 

2 hours ago, andytommo said:

It's not and that's why I've been back there three times and considering the fourth, but money is getting tighter now so i'd like to see some good bands. 

12 minutes ago, andytommo said:

That was my family holiday in Rhodes a month later! Usually the only thing I can manage to read during the full week of carnage in Benicassim, is a restaurant menu!

We have the week after there too , trying to get our shit together 

2 hours ago, pigshair123 said:

Arcade fire, radiohead, stone roses, kasabian , daft punk, coldplay 

I'm of a strong belief that FIB will not get any more big bands beside Arcade Fire (but even they're an underwhelming booking for a FIB crowd, not me personally though) and due to how busy it was they will follow last year's model of the big hitter on Saturday and three mid-sized acts.

Hope I am wrong, I really do, as I think Mad Cool has blown them out of the water so far and with it being a week before they will lose sales to them.

55 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

I'm of a strong belief that FIB will not get any more big bands beside Arcade Fire (but even they're an underwhelming booking for a FIB crowd, not me personally though) and due to how busy it was they will follow last year's model of the big hitter on Saturday and three mid-sized acts.

Hope I am wrong, I really do, as I think Mad Cool has blown them out of the water so far and with it being a week before they will lose sales to them.

Yeah, I'm still going with my original prediction of chase n status/justice, arcade fire and the weeknd being the remaining headliners.

The main thing that makes me think arcade fire or radiohead is that all there other festival dates were announced within the same week

On 20/11/2016 at 8:20 PM, rpfranks said:

It's a different crowd. 80% of Mad Cool attendees are expected to be from Madrid region. Not very diverse headliners either, so not for me.

Edited by andytommo

1 hour ago, HappyWednesday said:

What's all this nose tapping about Andytommo?  Know something?  Or just an itchy nose?

Itchy nose. It'll be the Roses or Arcade Fire as 2nd headliner announcement. Maybe we'll end up with both ;)

......and what about the Courteeners headlining Thu night, together with Chase & Status on the main stage right after. I could see this happening.

Edited by andytommo