Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

1 minute ago, gedkelly said:

you can score easy enough inside , answering for a friend

2 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Camp site.

Surely nobody would mention prices on here as we have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, it is definitely frowned upon by security so don't broadcast it on your way in. You are searched thoroughly on entry to the festival site.

I see, thank you.... and this would still be easy enough to find if my friend was staying at an apartment a couple miles up the coast from FIB?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JohnMo85 said:

So here is a hypothetical question...... Asking for a friend.......
If someone were to enjoy the occasional inhalation of a certain herbal substance whilst at a music festival in Spain.... where might that person be able to find some of such a substance for purchase? how much would it cost? and would it be frowned upon by the law and festival security?...

again..... just asking for a friend....

Post of the week! :D

Let's get some predictions going! I'm gonna take a wildly hopeful (for me) guess and go with Jamie T.

If you make a correct guess you win those all important bragging rights. One shout per person or you're cheating -_-:P

Difficult to narrow it down to just one... I'd like to see people like Amazons, DMA's, Editors, Alt J, Richard Ashcroft, Underworld, Fatboy Slim and hopefully a decent replacement for Tyler. 

But if I have to guess one... Fatboy Slim :D

3 minutes ago, Twice said:

Let's get some predictions going! I'm gonna take a wildly hopeful (for me) guess and go with Jamie T.

If you make a correct guess you win those all important bragging rights. One shout per person or you're cheating -_-:P

Optimistically... 3 or 4 of these would be mega.... All touring Europe at the right time.. all have dates that would work for FIB....

London Grammar, Rag n Bone Man, The Chainsmokers, Imagine Dragons, Royal Blood, Twin Atlantic, G-Easy (possible replacement for Tyler the Creator), Lorde, Anne-Marie, JP Cooper.

1 minute ago, JohnMo85 said:

Optimistically... 3 or 4 of these would be mega.... All touring Europe at the right time.. all have dates that would work for FIB....

London Grammar, Rag n Bone Man, The Chainsmokers, Imagine Dragons, Royal Blood, Twin Atlantic, G-Easy (possible replacement for Tyler the Creator), Lorde, Anne-Marie, JP Cooper.

If Royal Blood got announced I'd be so happy but they're playing another Spanish fest unfortunately so its probably unlikely :/ 

You gotta pick one though. Increasing your chances of winning by 10 by putting 10 names down isn't allowed and ya wont get any bragging rights m80.

22 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Difficult to narrow it down to just one... I'd like to see people like Amazons, DMA's, Editors, Alt J, Richard Ashcroft, Underworld, Fatboy Slim and hopefully a decent replacement for Tyler. 

But if I have to guess one... Fatboy Slim :D

Fatboy's a nice shout i like that :P 

2 minutes ago, Twice said:

If Royal Blood got announced I'd be so happy but they're playing another Spanish fest unfortunately so its probably unlikely :/ 

You gotta pick one though. Increasing your chances of winning by 10 by putting 10 names down isn't allowed and ya wont get any bragging rights m80.

London Grammar is the front runner i think..... But i will stick my money on Rag n Bone man.

24 minutes ago, JohnMo85 said:

London Grammar is the front runner i think..... But i will stick my money on Rag n Bone man.

Yeah I reckon LG is pretty certain at this point, thought I'd go for a more interesting guess. Rag n Bone man could be a shout I guess!

Quick question for all you lot that have been before: Me and my mates are arriving early Monday morning, they're both over 18 but I don't turn 18 until Tuesday, do we think they'll let me off one day and give me an over 18's wristband? 

Also how does the wristband process work? Is it when you turn up they take your tickets and check your Passport and give you a wristband based on age then or do they only check if they think you're under 18? 

Much appreciated! 

BENI BENI BENI

4 minutes ago, Torkaster said:

Quick question for all you lot that have been before: Me and my mates are arriving early Monday morning, they're both over 18 but I don't turn 18 until Tuesday, do we think they'll let me off one day and give me an over 18's wristband? 

Also how does the wristband process work? Is it when you turn up they take your tickets and check your Passport and give you a wristband based on age then or do they only check if they think you're under 18? 

Much appreciated! 

BENI BENI BENI

If you're not camping just get your wristband after Tuesday.

If you are camping, I'm sure they'll give you an O18 band - or take ID in the festival with you if you wanna get served. But better still, buy the €1 cans outside off the locals and then it won't matter what band you've got on.

Guesses...

Richard Ashcroft would be my best result but I don't know if he's too big too be announced now

Kooks but they're doing another Spanish festival.

DMA's are back in Europe on 20th July. It depends if their team have gigs prior to that lined up to get them back over here from Oz.

Underworld would be ideal to close the festival.

2 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

If you're not camping just get your wristband after Tuesday.

If you are camping, I'm sure they'll give you an O18 band - or take ID in the festival with you if you wanna get served. But better still, buy the €1 cans outside off the locals and then it won't matter what band you've got on.

Cheers man! 

And that sounds like my kind of plan! I'm guessing crates of beer at the Lidl are probably quite cheap aswel right? 

4 minutes ago, Torkaster said:

Cheers man! 

And that sounds like my kind of plan! I'm guessing crates of beer at the Lidl are probably quite cheap aswel right? 

Yeah, it works out at about €0.50 a can for a stubbie with 33cl extra free so they're still decent size cans. Lidl is your friend. Stock up on ice with each trip, buy a bucket or something to keep your cans in. A few years ago we took a blow up paddling pool, kept it cold with bags of ice and everyone threw their cans in it.

13 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Yeah, it works out at about €0.50 a can for a stubbie with 33cl extra free so they're still decent size cans. Lidl is your friend. Stock up on ice with each trip, buy a bucket or something to keep your cans in. A few years ago we took a blow up paddling pool, kept it cold with bags of ice and everyone threw their cans in it.

Perfect mate! Just looking forward to a festival holiday with good music instead of the standard shagfest most lads go on. Or is it still that type of vibe? Assuming everyone still gets slaughtered aswell right? :)

Edited by Torkaster
Misspelled

10 minutes ago, Torkaster said:

Perfect mate! Just looking forward to a festival holiday with good music instead of the standard shagfest most lads go on. Or is it still that type of vibe? Assuming everyone still gets slaughtered aswell right? :)

You'll enjoy it pal it's definitely different to going on a typical lads holiday but if you want it you'll still find it.

1 hour ago, Twice said:

It was a toss up between him or Underworld because I do think we're missing the Sunday dance closer. 

Am I right in saying Beni is Live Nation/Festival Republic too?Noticed they've booked headliners from all three days of last years Leeds festival for Beni this year in RHCP, Foals and Biffy so hoping that makes FBS a bit more likely with him making his R+L debut this year. But that probably realistically bears no relevance. 

There's a lot of potential acts they could pick up... if they get a couple from Lolla Paris which is the week after then hopefully we'll see some of Lana Del Rey, Editors, Hives, Imagine Dragons and London Grammar. 

3 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

It was a toss up between him or Underworld because I do think we're missing the Sunday dance closer. 

Am I right in saying Beni is Live Nation/Festival Republic too?Noticed they've booked headliners from all three days of last years Leeds festival for Beni this year in RHCP, Foals and Biffy so hoping that makes FBS a bit more likely with him making his R+L debut this year. But that probably realistically bears no relevance. 

There's a lot of potential acts they could pick up... if they get a couple from Lolla Paris which is the week after then hopefully we'll see some of Lana Del Rey, Editors, Hives, Imagine Dragons and London Grammar. 

I don't think it will be Fatboy to close the festival, sadly, as he's playing at Latitude (another Festival Republic event) on Sunday 16th, but Underworld would be a good shout, and a superb climax to the weekend.  Leftfield are touring Leftism (20 year anniversary) in the U.K. this month, so that's another possibility for the 3am main stage slot on the last night?  We've been going on about this obvious gap in the London Grammar schedule for months now, and it would seem realistic for them to be added, I suppose I'm just a bit surprised they haven't already been announced to date.  Future is at SBSR in Lisbon the same weekend as Beni, so I just wondered what with Tyler pulling out of FIB this week, if Future could be a quick replacement here?  Other than James VMc there's no decent sized Irish act on the current line up, and in past years there's usually representation from the Emerald Isle, so I'm wondering if Picture This added to the line up, or another Irish act? Glass Animals have been rumoured on here before.  DMA's would be ace, as there was only about 50 people watching them playing on top of the Red Bull bus 2 years ago, so that would be a most welcome return, this time to either Main or 2nd stage.  What I'm expecting tomorrow is some decent named DJ's as well, as this is quite thin on the ground so far. Last year, Hannah Wants was one of the early draws in line up announcements, but there's no one really on the bill yet of that similar level.  I'm looking forward, hopefully, to a bit more information on the actual stages/areas, and if there is to be a South Beach stage again, SB motel area, and the 4th stage, which last year was more a new and local bands stage, curated by the biggest indie clubs in both Barcelona & Madrid.  The line up is so strong so far, I'm not really expecting much more, but hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised? Not long to go now for the announcement. Assume it will be the usual 12pm ESP (11am UK) time for the announcement, that we've become accustomed to over the years? 

On 20/04/2017 at 10:14 PM, Twice said:

22 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I don't think it will be Fatboy to close the festival, sadly, as he's playing at Latitude (another Festival Republic event) on Sunday 16th, but Underworld would be a good shout, and a superb climax to the weekend.  Leftfield are touring Leftism (20 year anniversary) in the U.K. this month, so that's another possibility for the 3am main stage slot on the last night?  We've been going on about this obvious gap in the London Grammar schedule for months now, and it would seem realistic for them to be added, I suppose I'm just a bit surprised they haven't already been announced to date.  Future is at SBSR in Lisbon the same weekend as Beni, so I just wondered what with Tyler pulling out of FIB this week, if Future could be a quick replacement here?  Other than James VMc there's no decent sized Irish act on the current line up, and in past years there's usually representation from the Emerald Isle, so I'm wondering if Picture This added to the line up, or another Irish act? Glass Animals have been rumoured on here before.  DMA's would be ace, as there was only about 50 people watching them playing on top of the Red Bull bus 2 years ago, so that would be a most welcome return, this time to either Main or 2nd stage.  What I'm expecting tomorrow is some decent named DJ's as well, as this is quite thin on the ground so far. Last year, Hannah Wants was one of the early draws in line up announcements, but there's no one really on the bill yet of that similar level.  I'm looking forward, hopefully, to a bit more information on the actual stages/areas, and if there is to be a South Beach stage again, SB motel area, and the 4th stage, which last year was more a new and local bands stage, curated by the biggest indie clubs in both Barcelona & Madrid.  The line up is so strong so far, I'm not really expecting much more, but hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised? Not long to go now for the announcement. Assume it will be the usual 12pm ESP (11am UK) time for the announcement, that we've become accustomed to over the years? 

To be honest I would be equally as happy to see Underworld, if not more so. While Fatboy Slim always seems to escape me at festivals (the closest I came was getting turned away from a filled tent at T 2015) I don't remember having as many opportunities to watch Underworld in the past, so their rarity would definitely make it a great end to the weekend.

I am speculating about the announcement but I agree again, the line up is so strong this year for my taste I'm really not overly bothered, I already have more than I was expecting and I'm more excited to see the day splits in the hope that I get a good amount of my 'list' spread across the four days. If DMA's were added that would amazing, I've been a huge fan since their debut came out and I've only seen them once on a Wednesday after work... late Evening in Spain with an unholy amount of 33c Estrellas inside me would certainly top that!

Do we think this will be the final announcement? They haven't said so, or at least I haven't seen it... but surely after day splits and the amount of the line up we have already plus tomorrows additions, there couldn't be much more to announce? Apart from perhaps a Tyler replacement if they didn't get enough notice this time around.

• Hoping for Local Natives, Wild Beasts, We Are Scientists, Mystery Jets, Editors, Maximo Park etc. - some kind of decent '00's indie - to show up today. Some good hip-hop/rap would be good. Paramore would be a massive ad if they could get them, but got a feeling they'd rather put them as headliners next year. Lana / Haim I'd take too.
  • I think it'll be Glass Animals and London Grammar; possibly Imagine Dragons.
  • If it's Ashcroft, Charlatans and Clean Bandit - kill me :)  

But think we're all expecting too much either way. Will probably just be a bunch of mid-level DJs 

9 hours ago, andytommo said:

...DMA's would be ace, as there was only about 50 people watching them playing on top of the Red Bull bus 2 years ago...

How goos was that? I thought they were amazing and genuinely looked like they were overwhelmed to be playing there. They've come a long way since.

Regards the announcement, I seem to remember previous day splits posters with "...and more" at the bottom, so today may well not be the end of it.

I'm hoping for Underworld or Leftfield for the late night spot on last night but both have hardly any dates in the calender this summer and i would have thought at least a couple of European festival slots (Underworld has 1 at start of June in Sweden) would have already been announced.

Hope i am wrong thought!