T minus & counting 2017

Michaels denim shorts

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, SallyFaulknerStantonWarrio said:

Am I doing it correct?

Hello Sally, welcome to the countdown thread. The idea is that each day we post pictures that illustrate the numbers of days to go until Glastonbury.  Today is 114 days to go so people post pictures of 114.  Tomorrow will be 113 and so on.  Closer to the time there will probably be the annual discussion of whether Zero day is the Wednesday when people are allowed on site or whether zero day is Tuesday when the CV Fields open or a lot of people set off for the festival.

1 minute ago, whisty said:

I never really liked the Hammond sound, always thought it cheesy, everybody seemed to be playing one or that sound when I was young. Then I found Jimmy McGriff :)

hqdefault.jpg

I smashed up a Hammond organ about 2 weeks ago. It was broken beyond repair and nobody wanted it for parts on ebay. So, I cut out all the electrical wiring, took out some rudimentary circuit boards and managed to snap off (without breaking) many of the keys. All good material for my art projects. The remains were then taken to the tip. A sad demise for such an instrument.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I smashed up a Hammond organ about 2 weeks ago. It was broken beyond repair and nobody wanted it for parts on ebay. So, I cut out all the electrical wiring, took out some rudimentary circuit boards and managed to snap off (without breaking) many of the keys. All good material for my art projects. The remains were then taken to the tip. A sad demise for such an instrument.

Well at least some of it survives eh :) 

1 hour ago, whisty said:

Well at least some of it survives eh :) 

Exactly. I don't like wasting things, so much of my artwork is made of waste and salvaged items. I get a greater sense of satisfaction giving new life to what would otherwise go in to landfill. The downside of this is that I find it hard to throw anything away. If I don't keep this part in check too though then I'd likely become one of them mental hoarders that you see on Channel 4 documentaries! :)

Just moved house and now unpacking, and realising how much stuff I actually have collected over the years.  Amongst all the stuff, I found all my recent Glastonbury bags (free ones and guardian ones too).  Have offloaded some old stuff to blokes in the office, but they are getting fed up with being offered tat.

479_l.jpg

Edited by buddiepaul

15 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

I found all my recent Glastonbury bags (free ones and guardian ones too).  

I love those Glastonbury bags to the point of being ridiculed at work for arriving daily with one. When I started the bag of choice for most folks was a briefcase (with a sandwich in it), that's turned into a rucksack in these modern days. I work with idiots btw :)

6598-1-400.gif