Big Ground

ManchesterGlasto

@ManchesterGlasto  sorry, I meant Gate C!!  you'll be fine.  I have done gate C from 2am for the past couple of years and been one of the first into big ground.  In previous years I've done gate B from around the same times, and it's very hit and miss.  The queue at B converges from many car parks... In 2010 we never got to the gate until Noon

19 hours ago, funkyuk said:

@ManchesterGlasto  sorry, I meant Gate C!!  you'll be fine.  I have done gate C from 2am for the past couple of years and been one of the first into big ground.  In previous years I've done gate B from around the same times, and it's very hit and miss.  The queue at B converges from many car parks... In 2010 we never got to the gate until Noon

Yeah, it's a pain - park at B and Big Ground is (likely) really close to your car but it takes forever to get in, or park at C and it's (likely) quicker but you're miles from the car.  If you don't need much space or plan to make more car trips then B probably wins, though I still struggle with the decision...

How lively is Big Ground? First timer at Glasto, and we were planning on camping at Pennards Hill as we're all young and would like somewhere quite vibrant - however concerned about the weather so we're looking to go somewhere now on a slight slant. Would BG be any good for us?

2 hours ago, spudmurphy said:

How lively is Big Ground? First timer at Glasto, and we were planning on camping at Pennards Hill as we're all young and would like somewhere quite vibrant - however concerned about the weather so we're looking to go somewhere now on a slight slant. Would BG be any good for us?

The drainage is excellent all over the site (massive upgrade a few years ago), you'll have no problem at all in Pennards. And it'll def be more lively at night than Big Ground. 

we arrived at gate B last year at 03.00am, lots off queue jumpers around 7.30am caused all sorts off problems and delays but got to big ground at about 10.30am and managed to get 2 tents in the middle, it was very busy and id say almost full at that time though! but we just managed to get a decent spot..... if gate B wasn't chaos we would probably been inside by 9am ish ,as others have said gate B very hit and miss , we are trying gate C this year and heading for big ground again,arriving around 3am 

And Pennard Hill is on a slant - the clue is in the name :)

Three times.. ;)

Edited by ink1ing
Crap at quoting..

On 17/06/2016 at 11:47 AM, spudmurphy said:

Not vibrant at all as it's not near any late night stages so nobody prioritises it as a party spot - still feels not too far a walk at the end of the night so I'm happy there, though when you get there it is the end of the night.

1 hour ago, myers said:

we arrived at gate B last year at 03.00am, lots off queue jumpers around 7.30am caused all sorts off problems and delays but got to big ground at about 10.30am and managed to get 2 tents in the middle, it was very busy and id say almost full at that time though! but we just managed to get a decent spot..... if gate B wasn't chaos we would probably been inside by 9am ish ,as others have said gate B very hit and miss , we are trying gate C this year and heading for big ground again,arriving around 3am 

Mostly miss! but 'usually' handy for parking spot closeish - once you survive the initial nightmare

RE Big Ground - word on chat is that flushing toilets will *not* be at the top of the field this year, which aside from closeish to the car has been one of the draws for us camping there.