Lineup 2018

22 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

What are the odds on monkeys headlining this year and can you explain your answer? Thank you

God Damn I think typing this out the first time was the most efficient use of my time ever, have had to copy/paste this so much lmao

1. If Foos are playing (which it's looking like they are) and AM are then that would be massive for R&L. Why waste 2 of the biggest ticket sellers in one year

2. It's only been 4 years, which is quite a short gap for most big bands (Foos will be on like an 8 year gap this year iirc)

3. Currently, it's looking like AM will be touring June/July (the opposite end of the summer to R&L)

4. They are heavily rumoured for Tramlines, which is in Sheffield. Why would they play Sheffield and Leeds?

5. Foos, Kendrick and a Royal Blood coheadline (with whoever) is such a well rounded set of headliners. Variety with kendrick, new acts being bumped up with the coheadline, should leave money left for the undercard (unlike last year) etc.

• Like 1

Hi guys, new to the forum, not sure if I'm allowed to post external links (apologies if so) but Bicep just confirmed that lineup with Paramore on it from a few days ago on his Facebook page!

Link and SG below.

https://www.facebook.com/feelmybicep/videos/10155252266216305/?comment_id=10155257002026305&reply_comment_id=10155257778401305&comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"R9"}

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 00.15.20.png

1 minute ago, HolyHandGrenade said:

Hi guys, new to the forum, not sure if I'm allowed to post external links (apologies if so) but Bicep just confirmed that lineup with Paramore on it from a few days ago on his Facebook page!

Link and SG below.

https://www.facebook.com/feelmybicep/videos/10155252266216305/?comment_id=10155257002026305&reply_comment_id=10155257778401305&comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"R9"}

oh shit, I wonder if they're just talking about their involvement and not knowing about the rest of the poster or if that confirms the whole thing to be legit

2 minutes ago, HolyHandGrenade said:

Link and SG below.

Could just mean bicep are playing and the poster isn’t necessarily legit

Just now, HolyHandGrenade said:

I was thinking that, but there's literally a picture of the lineup and the comment asks if the lineup is legit not just if Bicep's playing?

Aye, but unless bicep have seen that image before it's been officially announced then they probably wouldn't know who else is on the lineup. They may have misinterpreted what the guy was asking.

It does make it seem like it could be real again though...

But he's unlikely to know what any announcement will be unless it was the days leading up to an announcement and he's been sent out some press bumf to share on his Twitters. That's quite clearly a fake announcement flyer and it's unlikely we're getting that small an announcement so I'd say he just knows he's there and assumed the rest is true cos it looks like a real announcement to him.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, matty13 said:

I’m hoping that just confirms Bicep because the idea of a solo Paramore headline doesn’t really appeal that much to me. Also suggests we could miss out on one of Kendrick/RB/Foos which would suck.

If paramore are headlining outright it won't be Foos missing out for sure. I'd imagine it would be Kendrick out of the 3 but it's hard to say.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye, but unless bicep have seen that image before it's been officially announced then they probably wouldn't know who else is on the lineup. They may have misinterpreted what the guy was asking.

It does make it seem like it could be real again though...

I think this plus the original link that went out with the lineup, the one that's R+L's link but that they've never used before gives so much more weight to this. Bicep would 100% have seen the poster before they go out because there'll be agreements on what billing each artist gets. 

Personally happy with Paramore but totally anticipate backlash from wider public. 

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If paramore are headlining outright it won't be Foos missing out for sure. I'd imagine it would be Kendrick out of the 3 but it's hard to say.

Yeah i agree. I think Foos are a lock. And i think RB are more likely than Kendrick. But i would be pretty disappointed because i like the variety Kendrick would’ve brought to the headliners. Paramore/Foos/RB just seems slightly less interesting to me.

19 minutes ago, matty13 said:

Yeah i agree. I think Foos are a lock. And i think RB are more likely than Kendrick. But i would be pretty disappointed because i like the variety Kendrick would’ve brought to the headliners. Paramore/Foos/RB just seems slightly less interesting to me.

Yeah Kendrick is probably the best realistic headliner they could get full stop (imo), Paramore / Foos / RB does seem a lot less inspiring but this is R&L and the lineup is always less inspiring than anticipated so who knows.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

7 minutes ago, matty13 said:

I’m hoping that just confirms Bicep because the idea of a solo Paramore headline doesn’t really appeal that much to me. Also suggests we could miss out on one of Kendrick/RB/Foos which would suck.

TBH it doesnt even say Paramore are solo headlining, if this is the format then I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 of these mini-announcements

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But he's unlikely to know what any announcement will be unless it was the days leading up to an announcement and he's been sent out some press bumf to share on his Twitters. That's quite clearly a fake announcement flyer and it's unlikely we're getting that small an announcement so I'd say he just knows he's there and assumed the rest is true cos it looks like a real announcement to him.

Tell taht to Andy C leaking the day split dance poster months before we got the final thing :P

Just now, oceanspray said:

If that was the announcement, could it be possible that Paramore are still co-headlining? Or would co-headliners be announced together?

In the past coheadliners have been announced together, but if they're changing how they announce this year then who knows. I previously speculated that perhaps they'll do 4 of these over 4 weeks before releasing the poster, with Royal Blood being the 4th and coheadlining with Paramore.

Really though, I still don't think that image is legit.

IF that image is legit, I can see the headliners/subs being:

Paramore // Chvrches
Foo Fighters // Future
Royal Blood // Catfish & the Bottlemen

That'd be in line with last years first announcement where they announced a headliner and then the two subs for the headliners they didn't announce (Major Lazer & Bastille).

Having said all that, still don't think it is legit.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

In the past coheadliners have been announced together, but if they're changing how they announce this year then who knows. I previously speculated that perhaps they'll do 4 of these over 4 weeks before releasing the poster, with Royal Blood being the 4th and coheadlining with Paramore.

Really though, I still don't think that image is legit.

I think it takes more assumptions for it to be fake at this point, I think you made a great point - Foos/RB/Paramore would be very uninspiring and that's exactly what I've come to expect from R+L at this point 

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Tell taht to Andy C leaking the day split dance poster months before we got the final thing :P

Difference, however, is that was always a forthcoming poster whereas this 'announcement' isn't.

Anyway, nobody else got a notification of that tweet or has any knowledge of it (despite the 3 RT's and 12 likes) except a new Reddit account. Also it's not the correct font that R+L insist is to be used with their brand - you should know seeing as you're king of the posters but look at the 'I' in Catfish or Kehlani and look at the 'I' in your prediction posters or everything R+L has put out in the past few years.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Difference, however, is that was always a forthcoming poster whereas this 'announcement' isn't.

Anyway, nobody else got a notification of that tweet or has any knowledge of it (despite the 3 RT's and 12 likes) except a new Reddit account. Also it's not the correct font that R+L insist is to be used with their brand - you should know seeing as you're king of the posters but look at the 'I' in Catfish or Kehlani and look at the 'I' in your prediction posters or everything R+L has put out in the past few years.

Oh shit. I thought the font was a match but you're right