Ticket Competitions

cb4747

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Someone suggested to me on another thread to have my own Glastonbury in my garden, well that has become a reality. We spent today digging up the garden ready for new turf next weekend, we've had a few hours of rain now and definitely have a Glastonbury-esque mud situation going on. 

10/11 years ago a guy called Lee who lives fairly near me had a 'festival' in his back garden when his parents went away because he wasn't allowed to have a party. This ended up growing into a local nonprofit festival...called Leefest. It's changed direction a bit now (and location) but still has some of the same principles, and it's the same Lee running it. Seen some excellent artists perform there, including a number who would 'break through' within a year of appearing. 

In other words....do it! With the mud, you're already most of the way there anyway 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

10/11 years ago a guy called Lee who lives fairly near me had a 'festival' in his back garden when his parents went away because he wasn't allowed to have a party. This ended up growing into a local nonprofit festival...called Leefest. It's changed direction a bit now (and location) but still has some of the same principles, and it's the same Lee running it. Seen some excellent artists perform there, including a number who would 'break through' within a year of appearing. 

In other words....do it! With the mud, you're already most of the way there anyway 

I feel I have just read a google advert

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Nah.

It appears to be the case that numptie didn't read the competition T&C's, and has no interest in Glastonbury - because they didn't have reg numbers.

I think the redraw should be from the people still left regularly posting in the secret resales thread, I got lucky but still check in on those guys, breaks my heart, they deserve it more than most....

7 hours ago, morph100 said:

I think the redraw should be from the people still left regularly posting in the secret resales thread, I got lucky but still check in on those guys, breaks my heart, they deserve it more than most....

I don't think anyone is more deserving than others unfortunately this is just how random draw competitions go :( the person who won the efestivals competition managed to get tickets in the secret resale which is incredible good luck! I keep having Glastonbury related dreams and it makes me so sad! 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

have just seen another email to do with the efests comp ... looks like the 2nd draw of a winner has gone tits up too. ;)

Who would have thought it would be so hard to give tickets away! Hopefully you draw a suitable winner soon. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

have just seen another email to do with the efests comp ... looks like the 2nd draw of a winner has gone tits up too. ;)

That's awful! Considering how many people on here are desperate for tickets, it's a shame you've now had two winners who, apparently, don't give a damn. :-)

28 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Just a reminder we have a two competitions ending this week and I believe the local newspapers one begins on 26/05.

23/05 Thatchers (12 pairs I think) 

25/05 Wateraid (1 pair)

The western daily press comp started today and as far as I can see its similar to a "spot the ball" competition. Grid A1-10 to J1-10. Fill in the grid space online. Unless it's in the picture and I'm not seeing it!:wacko: Looking for another member to verify my thoughts please.

Edited by LittleA
Additional comment.

5 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

That's awful! Considering how many people on here are desperate for tickets, it's a shame you've now had two winners who, apparently, don't give a damn. :-)

Increasing everyone else's chances though! :D

8 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Yep.

Tho I'm currently slightly confused by the emails I've seen. While it looks like there might have been another draw with ineligable winners, it looks like Scott might have made a 3rd draw and those winners were valid.

But I'm guessing at those from having seen one half of the exchanged emails, so if that's not accurate I apologise. As I've said, Scott's dealing with all of this and not me.

30 minutes ago, LittleA said:

The western daily press comp started today and as far as I can see its similar to a "spot the ball" competition. Grid A1-10 to J1-10. Fill in the grid space online. Unless it's in the picture and I'm not seeing it!:wacko: Looking for another member to verify my thoughts please.

Have you got a copy of the paper?

1 minute ago, LittleA said:

Yep. Just picked it up. There's a picture of the main stage with grid lines over it. You need to enter a grid space online. image.jpeg

Oh you star! Could you post the bit where it says the instructions or terms and conditions xx

47 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I don't think anyone is more deserving than others unfortunately this is just how random draw competitions go :( the person who won the efestivals competition managed to get tickets in the secret resale which is incredible good luck! I keep having Glastonbury related dreams and it makes me so sad! 

Yeah maybe, but I'd much rather have people there who absolutely love it and appreciate it than those who aren't so bothered and obsessed as we are :-)

Good luck with the rest of the competitions, all my group has tickets now so they aren't entering and will be returning any winning tickets from previously entered competitions. So the closer you get the odds improve, one year I won two weeks before the festival.

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Yeah maybe, but I'd much rather have people there who absolutely love it and appreciate it than those who aren't so bothered and obsessed as we are :-)

Good luck with the rest of the competitions, all my group has tickets now so they aren't entering and will be returning any winning tickets from previously entered competitions. So the closer you get the odds improve, one year I won two weeks before the festival.

I get what you mean but as of yet I'm still without tickets so need to be kind and nice for karma haha! Thank you, I won't be giving up hope until the week before. Fingers crossed in a few weeks I'll be able to post on here saying I've won :lol:

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

@LittleA I have a feeling I've got some morning brain fog but is it just a guessing game or is there actually a tiny cup in the photo? Haha

I can't see it so my thinking is its a guessing game. Unless someone else has a copy and a magnifying glass.

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

@LittleA I have a feeling I've got some morning brain fog but is it just a guessing game or is there actually a tiny cup in the photo? Haha

I think I can see it, shall I post or do people want the fun of the game??

It could just be that I'm looking at something vaguely cup shaped on my phone though...