Vegan eats at Glasto

cazzatron

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why are people referring to them as 'buddhas'?

I just noticed that I did this. Typed my post quickly as was at work. Obviously had a brain melt moment there while speed typing. Happens to us all. My apologies to any Hare Krishnas on here...! X

1million percent the Buddha bowls- on the main drag between pyramid and other (the short way- looking at the pyramid go left!)

I am not a vegan or even a vege but they are amazing!- you can have with or without halloumi (obvs without for you!)

Proper good for you food after 4 days of rubbish!

have an amazing time.... it is a very special place!

The Hare Krishna food is unlikely to be vegan unless advertised as such, consuming dairy products is central to their religion and they use ghee like mad.. 

Source: Am vegan and lived with the Krishnas for a few months during a homeless phase; they did happily make vegan stuff for me though, and they still do for a lot of their events in Scotland, but it's very much advertised as a vegan meal so best to check at Glastonbury 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2016 at 1:42 PM, CHRLY said:

No Bones Jones is all you need. 

Not sure I'd agree with the "all you need", but NBJ is definitely on my list ever year.

Had a fantastic chickpea, couscous & rocket salad there last year that restored me to normal function after too many carb & cider heavy days. Could almost feel the goodness radiating through my body as I was eating it.

Wide Awake Cafe. Their veggie hotdogs, duck, chorizo and fish cakes are all 100% vegan but they also do vegetable based options. The last couple of years they were at the top overlooking the pyramid stage. I'm not vegan myself but I work for the company who supply those products to them :).

http://wide-awake-cafe.com/home-wide-awake-cafe.html

Edited by Frankie.

23 minutes ago, Frankie. said:

Wide Awake Cafe. Their veggie hotdogs, duck, chorizo and fish cakes are all 100% vegan but they also do vegetable based options. The last couple of years they were at the top overlooking the pyramid stage. I'm not vegan myself but I work for the company who supply those products to them :).

http://wide-awake-cafe.com/home-wide-awake-cafe.html

Ohhhh definitely going to try and find these guys. Thanks for the tip!

there's a very good place to eat warm soups in the william's green courtyard (not sure if they're vegan cause there might be some butter in them), and also a tasty vegetarian paella on the road from the other stage to the beat hotel (if I'm not wrong), anyway, the greenpeace market is full of fantastic vegan choises

I'm vegetarian rather than vegan but everyone's spoilt for choice at Glastonbury and I'm terrible at making decisions so this is a bit of a problem for me... Not been to No Bones Jones meself yet, but can wholeheartedly repeat the recommendations for Manic Organic and Ghandi's Flip Flop.

• 2 weeks later...