• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, whisty said:

dscn4391a.jpg

This reminds me of Yoghurts van for some reason. Br 139

733502.jpg

I think my one set of neighbours would love that it were painted like the above. I get the impression that they are not amused by the rave scene depicted on my van. I may have be going to a 50th birthday party being held at the Oxford University Union in July. I've found a camp site just 1 mile away from the place and am looking to book up a place for us and the van with electrical hook up. I'm not sure how the people on this conservative looking camp site are going to take me us rocking up in a crusty type looking campervan. I can already feel people looking down their nose at me.

Why should the decor of your van upset people at the camp site Yog?.  I've stayed a fair few Caravan Club and Camping and Caravan Club sites where there have been a wide range of vehicles.  I think the most important thing is how the people in those vehicles behave.  In other words their decorum not their decor.

Come to think of it that's true at festivals too.

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Why should the decor of your van upset people at the camp site Yog?.  I've stayed a fair few Caravan Club and Camping and Caravan Club sites where there have been a wide range of vehicles.  I think the most important thing is how the people in those vehicles behave.  In other words their decorum not their decor.

Come to think of it that's true at festivals too.

I guess it shouldn't but have an inner uncomfortable feeling that it may do. Maybe it's just me. I've only ever been to a few campsites (as we've mostly been to festivals in it) and can't help but feel a little uncomfortable parking up next to 'normal' type campervans. I guess it's a feeling that I should shake unless proved otherwise in the future.

We don't really go in for causing problems on campsites. I do wonder if people can smell the enchanting smell of herb coming out of the campervan at times. Still, that's not the end of the world.

Really really looking forward to going out in the campervan again though.