Did anyone try from Overseas?

parsonjack

In Bangkok and although we are pinning hopes on Sunday when we are back in UK I thought I'd try and see how far I got last night.

Fired up hotel wifi 10 mins before and refreshing easily until 1900BST when ad expected it all slowed down. Opened the VPN app MrsP uses to watch Corrie by the pool and bam...in straight away to queue...refreshed a couple of times and got reg number page up...numbers in, regs recognised, chose bus, through to payment no delay or anything.

Thought it might be a fluke so closed it all down and tried again...straight through again...and again...

Very surprised at number of disappointed folks on here. Wondering how anyone else overseas got on?

Good Question, I'm currently in Saudi Arabia for work, not by choice...Anyway, I tried last night using the hotels wifi but got nowhere. If I did get through, would I be classed as an overseas customer even though my address is registered in the UK?

Secondly, is it best to use a VPN?

INTERNATIONAL BOOKINGS

All international ticket buyers must be registered in the same way as UK bookers. International ticket purchases can only be made using either Visa or Mastercard credit cards.

If you are not a UK Citizen but are currently in the UK, and have a UK debit card and UK address, you can buy in the same way as a UK resident.

International tickets will be sent out by registered international post unless stated otherwise. Please ensure you give your full international address when booking. If you are unable to receive your tickets by international post, please contact See Tickets immediately upon receiving your balance payment confirmation email.

An overseas resident can ask a friend who is resident in the UK to purchase on their behalf, using that friend’s UK address, or alternatively, a UK resident can purchase a ticket for an overseas resident as one of their ticket purchases – provided that overseas resident is registered.?International ticket balance payments will be taken at the same time as UK balance payments: from 09:00 Friday 1st April until 23:59 Thursday 7th April 2016.

It is your responsibility to remember to pay your balance. Any tickets for which the balance has not been paid by 23:59 Thursday 7th April 2016 will be refunded £35. A £15 administration fee will be retained. If you booked a Coach Package, then an additional £10 will be retained should you cancel your booking.

Thanks @glasto-worker - I'd read that a few times, I'm sure I'd seen that credit cards had to be with a non-UK billing address, but it definitely doesn't say anything about that there....

There's an interesting bit, that I'm a bit confused about further down

An overseas resident can ask a friend who is resident in the UK to purchase on their behalf, using that friend’s UK address, or alternatively, a UK resident can purchase a ticket for an overseas resident as one of their ticket purchases – provided that overseas resident is registered.?International ticket balance payments will be taken at the same time as UK balance payments: from 09:00 Friday 1st April until 23:59 Thursday 7th April 2016.

It is your responsibility to remember to pay your balance. Any tickets for which the balance has not been paid by 23:59 Thursday 7th April 2016 will be refunded £35. A £15 administration fee will be retained. If you booked a Coach Package, then an additional £10 will be retained should you cancel your booking.

This is what I would really like to do (one of my "F5 team" is overseas registered) - but when I called See, they suggested that bookings could not be mixed between international and UK buyers.

However, they also said that my friend could just change her registration on the website - which by that time she couldn't, so maybe they were not quite up to speed? I might try ringing them again.

Has anyone done a 'mixed' UK/International booking before - would hate to get through and then have the reg number rejected

Managed to get through from Dublin (not overseas as such I know) but still have to do it through International bookings and had ours sorted from Bristol within about 5 minutes. Really surprised the amount of people who didn't even get past the holding page! Did the same as parsonjack and after we got ours, out of curiosity, tried to get through again and got in no problem

Good luck to those trying on Sunday!

Thanks @glasto-worker - I'd read that a few times, I'm sure I'd seen that credit cards had to be with a non-UK billing address, but it definitely doesn't say anything about that there....

There's an interesting bit, that I'm a bit confused about further down

This is what I would really like to do (one of my "F5 team" is overseas registered) - but when I called See, they suggested that bookings could not be mixed between international and UK buyers.

However, they also said that my friend could just change her registration on the website - which by that time she couldn't, so maybe they were not quite up to speed? I might try ringing them again.

Has anyone done a 'mixed' UK/International booking before - would hate to get through and then have the reg number rejected

I did a mixed booking in 2013 - wife and myself from Australia, friends in UK with no issues. Planning on doing the same again this year. Strange that See would suggest it's not possible.

I did a mixed booking in 2013 - wife and myself from Australia, friends in UK with no issues. Planning on doing the same again this year. Strange that See would suggest it's not possible.

I've just called See again - and they've said it's fine.... hmmm it fits with the FAQ

Think I got the Work Experience lad on Tuesday  :resent:

Did you use a credit or debit card please ? It says for international bookings that you have to use a credit card, but the registrations are all for UK residents and the bank card will be a UK card as well. Any help would great thank you

We used an Irish Visa Credit Card, it says credit card for International bookings but I think one year we actually did it on a Visa Debit so if you have both that'd be perfect

Dont know if this counts but I was trying to get through in the UK with my laptop (with no luck) and two mobiles on 3g. Got tickets on my phone and then realised I had my laptop ip address set to American through hola as I'd been watching American Netflix earlier!!!

I would have been so gutted if we hadn't got tickets and I'd discovered this afterwards.

I'm such a drip sometimes.

Got through almost straight away from near Geneva again for 6 tickets last night.

Last year was the 3rd year I have gotten through for both coach sale for me and friends here and normal sale for friends back in the UK, looking to get through again on Sunday for 6 friends as they seem to never get anywhere near.

I maintain its just luck as i have friends in the same area (Geneva) who cant seem to get them though. 

That or this 6 year old laptop has some kind of direct link to SEE

Did you use a credit or debit card please ? It says for international bookings that you have to use a credit card, but the registrations are all for UK residents and the bank card will be a UK card as well. Any help would great thank you

Yes I need to know this too, I'm over in spain for sunday but we're all registered in UK, so assume it'll be the standard process and I can just use a UK debit card as per normal? 

Yes I need to know this too, I'm over in spain for sunday but we're all registered in UK, so assume it'll be the standard process and I can just use a UK debit card as per normal? 

Yeah that sounds right! As long as the lead booker (the first registration number you put in) is using a UK card then that should be fine, the rest will be additional and can pay the rest come April

ps...nice profile photo dude!

Edited by pentura

Yeah that sounds right! As long as the lead booker (the first registration number you put in) is using a UK card then that should be fine, the rest will be additional and can pay the rest come April

ps...nice profile photo dude!

cool that's what I was thinking.

Yeah cheers man, likewise... did you see 'Big City' was played on the simpsons the other day? we live in interesting times!

I got a tickets whilst staying in a hostel in Vietnam a few years ago. The wifi connection was awful but managed to get all my mates tickets (who were back in the uk). Same thing happened a couple of years ago in Paris.

Not sure whether there is any technical reason (probably not) - but it worked for me!

Also - it doesn't matter where in the word you are as long as you are using a uk debit card and registered in the uk.

I was in Greece using the hotel wifi on my phone, constantly refreshing but didn't get past the holding page. The hotel wifi was pretty slow but at one point the page was refreshing instantly, almost as if it was just refreshing that page and I wouldn't have got through to anything anyway. Closed it down and tried again but no joy. Hadn't planned to buy, just wanted to view the process/ screens etc for Sunday.