Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably fake?!?  I see that The National are still free on Fri 15th, bit it's whether or not they would do 4 x festivals in different countries on back to back nights that weekend? Primal Scream would be ace!!!

FIBFake.jpg

Edited by andytommo

3 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Probably fake?!?  I see that The National are still free on Fri 15th, bit it's whether or not they would do 4 x festivals in different countries on back to back nights that weekend? Primal Scream would be ace!!!

FIBFake.jpg

The National always seemed to favourite to appear and the Primals love Beni , if it's a fake it's well considered 

Just now, andytommo said:

FIBFake.jpg

Primal Scream are headlining Azkena Festival in Spain (that festival is organized by LTI, same BBK LIVE promoter), so I would rule them out for any other Spanish Festival.

Hi I'm new here and this will be my first time going to benicassim and was wondering if I could get some help. I have been looking at flights from Glasgow to Barcelona and other nearby airports but there doesn't seem to be many flights. The only direct flight I found was just over £200 and arrived at 21:10, is there a better time to book flights? Also what is the best way to get from the airport to the festival? Thanks 

On 24 February 2016 at 8:13 PM, MattDavies__ said:

Cheers, how long does it take for all the shade to be taken up? :P 

Gonna spend a couple of nights in Barca before/after so wondering when to fly out and then head down on the train 

Last year me and my mate done this. Flew into barca Monday and went down to Beni Tuesday still got a good patch with shade :)

This year we are doing 2 nights in barca then down for the Monday do a full week at Beni :)

3 hours ago, AlistairG said:

Hi I'm new here and this will be my first time going to benicassim and was wondering if I could get some help. I have been looking at flights from Glasgow to Barcelona and other nearby airports but there doesn't seem to be many flights. The only direct flight I found was just over £200 and arrived at 21:10, is there a better time to book flights? Also what is the best way to get from the airport to the festival? Thanks 

Hey I'm flying from Glasgow and I done it last year as well. I flew into barca spent the night there ie night out on the town then trained it down the following day. You could maybe do Prestwick to Reus return just all depends on what days you are flying and how long you are staying for. 

This year. I'm flying out sat 9th from Prestwick to barca then coming back from Reus to Prestwick on the 23rd. I think when I booked my flights January time it was about £160 return for me. 

1 hour ago, gedkelly said:

Do we think we will get high profile names tomorrow ?

Not sure what to expect really, in the BBK chat they're saying that if beni don't announce national then they'll be there. I'd love them to announce national but I just feel like it's asking too much

1 hour ago, wedgie said:

Not sure what to expect really, in the BBK chat they're saying that if beni don't announce national then they'll be there. I'd love them to announce national but I just feel like it's asking too much

I got my fingers crossed for Placebo , I hear they are making an announcement tomorrow 

15 hours ago, wedgie said:

Nope we're just really hoping for The National and hoping they aren't at Beni, as that would all but rule them out of BBK ;) Not being at Beni doesn't mean that they'll be at BBK either but it would make it more likely.

What time is the announcement do you know?

Edited by fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Biffy Clyro, Skepta, DJ Shadow, La Habitación Roja, Young Fathers, El Guincho + FIDLAR

FIB2.jpg

Sunday is very strong. Probably still another 30+ acts to be added, incl. DJs of course, based on the usual numbers of artists. DJ Shadow the only real big head-turner for me in this announcement.  Still lacking some classic indie-guitar bands, compared to 2014 when we had the likes of the Manics, James, Charlatans, Travis, Razorlight, Courteeners, all on the line up.