Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

16 minutes ago, McCallion said:

So are Rock Werchter I think! Since KoL were mentioned yesterday I've been having nightmares!

I got a facebook flashback thing this morning saying a year ago today I bought my Rock Werchter 2015 ticket. This time last year we had Muse, Foos, Flo, Death Cab, Kasabian, Kravitz, Noely G, Royal Blood, Chemical Bros and The War On Drugs. Thats 10 acts that, not only was I interested in seeing, but was unbelievably excited to see live. 

A year later and of the current lineup only Rammstein, ATDI and RHCP (admittedly more out of curiosity) have that same effect. It really needs saving...

Good post and when you look at those acts compared to this year it shows how hollow things are. This year, rammstien, the offspring bmth and band of horses are really the only must sees for me. And I'll see rammstien at download 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, McCallion said:

So are Rock Werchter I think! Since KoL were mentioned yesterday I've been having nightmares!

I got a facebook flashback thing this morning saying a year ago today I bought my Rock Werchter 2015 ticket. This time last year we had Muse, Foos, Flo, Death Cab, Kasabian, Kravitz, Noely G, Royal Blood, Chemical Bros and The War On Drugs. Thats 10 acts that, not only was I interested in seeing, but was unbelievably excited to see live. 

A year later and of the current lineup only Rammstein, ATDI and RHCP (admittedly more out of curiosity) have that same effect. It really needs saving...

Yeah, sorry about mentioning KoL;) Hope I haven't jinxed it. I havent heard any rumours of them; it´s just been in the past that I've hoped for a good final headliner and instead RW announced Editors or KoL.

Just now, Red Day said:

Good post and when you look at those acts compared to this year it shows how hollow things are. This year, rammstien, the offspring bmth and band of horses are really the only must sees for me. And I'll see rammstien at download 

It's a real disappointment. That being said, we get 6 or 7 decent rock additions tomorrow (unlikely I know) things would start looking up. Many of the days still missing a lot of main stage acts I think. 

Just now, ParanoidTourist said:

Yeah, sorry about mentioning KoL;) Hope I haven't jinxed it. I havent heard any rumours of them; it´s just been in the past that I've hoped for a good final headliner and instead RW announced Editors or KoL.

I'll be having sleepless nights thanks to you! Hahaha! Tbh, I'd just really like to know who it is now so I can work out what I'm doing with my Summer!

19 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I share your opinion sir... Every day were fantastic... Even on Friday, the bill looked OK but finally The Cat Empire were so fantastic that the day was saved easily...

It will be the first year this time that I come with my group of friends and not alone or in duet; I've told them it was a fantastic festival, showed them the line-up of past years, told them that Pearl Jam was rumoured etc... Time pasts and the lineup doesn't skyrocket, and the artists I want to see there are ruled out one by one...(Frank Turner...Wilco...); the thing is every other big festivals have already an incredible bill (Hellfest, NOS Alive, even the new Mad Cool...)... Who could save it ? Experience allows to stay optimistic but the excitement is weak compared to past years for the moment, you're absolutely right ...

Bands which would save your Rock Werchter ?? Mine would be Frightened Rabbit (new album coming, produced by the National's Aaron Dessner), Gogol Bordello, Vintage Trouble, The National, The War On Drugs, Blues Pills, Kula Shaker, Will and the People... But I'd like at least 3 of them, one for thursday, one for saturday and one for sunday... If tomorrow is another shitty announcement day, I'll begin to lose faith..

19 minutes ago, McCallion said:

It's a real disappointment. That being said, we get 6 or 7 decent rock additions tomorrow (unlikely I know) things would start looking up. Many of the days still missing a lot of main stage acts I think. 

I certainly hope so. Just lacks something really exciting. Foos and muse announcement last year was a real wow. RHCP are a name but my past experience of them as a live experience has left me well disappointed. Whether you like or dislike foos or muse, they can never be described as being dull live

Just now, Tremousse said:

I share your opinion sir... Every day were fantastic... Even on Friday, the bill looked OK but finally The Cat Empire were so fantastic that the day was saved easily...

It will be the first year this time that I come with my group of friends and not alone or in duet; I've told them it was a fantastic festival, showed them the line-up of past years, told them that Pearl Jam was rumoured etc... Time pasts and the lineup doesn't skyrocket, and the artists I want to see there are ruled out one by one...(Frank Turner...Wilco...); the thing is every other big festivals have already an incredible bill (Hellfest, NOS Alive, even the new Mad Cool...)... Who could save it ? Experience allows to stay optimistic but the excitement is weak compared to past years for the moment, you're absolutely right ...

Bands which would save your Rock Werchter ?? Mine would be Frightened Rabbit (new album coming, produced by the National's Aaron Dessner), Gogol Bordello, Vintage Trouble, The National, The War On Drugs, Blues Pills, Kula Shaker, Will and the People... But I'd like at least 3 of them, one for thursday, one for saturday and one for sunday... If tomorrow is another shitty announcement day, I'll begin to lose faith..

Acts that would save the fest for me - Springsteen, Slaves, Tenacious D, Biffy Clyro and Lana Del Rey

Just now, Red Day said:

I certainly hope so. Just lacks something really exciting. Foos and muse announcement last year was a real wow. RHCP are a name but my past experience of them as a live experience has left me well disappointed. Whether you like or dislike foos or muse, they can never be described as being dull live

Very true. The one thing that's keeping me positive is that of all those acts that got me excited last year, 90% were mainstage. Of the current acts announced, I reckon we have 2 mainstagers on Thursday, 5 on Friday, 5 on Saturday and 2 (maybe 3) on Sunday. Still lots of gaps to be filled on those weaker days (I hope)

Tomorrows announcement, assuming there's one will be very interesting.  I would doubt very much that ticket sales are on a par with last year (that's my assumption and not based on fact), and they need to get sales moving as other festivals are currently offering a far better line up.  I'd hope to see some names tomorrow that get people excited about going.

A sort of wish list would be surprise announcement of Radiohead for the Thursday along with The National, Biffy, Slaves, I'd throw in Chase and Status, Suede and Frightened Rabbit if they're touring.  There's a host of others that could make things better.  Think they need a top headliner for the Sunday as well.  ArcadeFire would have been a great way to end the festival.  

I will be gutted if Springsteen is announced and hope if he is playing Belgium it's TW Classic.

Good announcement: Beck, National, Tenacious D, Jane's Addiction, Ice Cube, Lush, Iggy Pop, Skunk Anansie

Shit announcement: James Bay, Tom Odell, Macklemore, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Rudimental

Dream one, but unrealistic: Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Foos

3 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Tomorrows announcement, assuming there's one will be very interesting.  I would doubt very much that ticket sales are on a par with last year (that's my assumption and not based on fact), and they need to get sales moving as other festivals are currently offering a far better line up.  I'd hope to see some names tomorrow that get people excited about going.

A sort of wish list would be surprise announcement of Radiohead for the Thursday along with The National, Biffy, Slaves, I'd throw in Chase and Status, Suede and Frightened Rabbit if they're touring.  There's a host of others that could make things better.  Think they need a top headliner for the Sunday as well.  ArcadeFire would have been a great way to end the festival.  

I will be gutted if Springsteen is announced and hope if he is playing Belgium it's TW Classic.

All good shouts. I think the thing about Springsteen (regardless of personal opinion) is that if RW got him it would make the lineup stand out from others in Europe. He's not going to Pinkpop, and loads of fests are unlikely so at least it would make RW a little unique.

2 minutes ago, McCallion said:

All good shouts. I think the thing about Springsteen (regardless of personal opinion) is that if RW got him it would make the lineup stand out from others in Europe. He's not going to Pinkpop, and loads of fests are unlikely so at least it would make RW a little unique.

I can get why folks like Springsteen but personally I think he's a poor addition to a festival and more suited to his own stadium type gigs.  My mates who went to see him at Glastonbury thought he was really dull until around the last 30 mins of a 3 hr set.  Thankfully I went up to Avalon that evening.

Just now, Red Day said:

I can get why folks like Springsteen but personally I think he's a poor addition to a festival and more suited to his own stadium type gigs.  My mates who went to see him at Glastonbury thought he was really dull until around the last 30 mins of a 3 hr set.  Thankfully I went up to Avalon that evening.

Totally understand where you're coming from. That being said that particular Glastonbury set is notorious for being one of the worst Springsteen performances within fan circles and oddly out of character. It was a victim of bad timing (lots of stuff from Magic and Working On A Dream, his 2 worst albums). I think if he does show his wrinkly old face at Werchter he's less likely to do The River in full, and maybe a selection, then moving on to his usual fan selection show. 

It would shift tickets though! 

2 hours ago, Rouckos said:

Damon Albarn + Guests with the Syrian Orchestra for Roskilde...

Maybe Werchter ? But not a headliner

Damon Albarn used to perform with Gorillaz & the Syrian National Orchestra at the same time; it's a possibility indeed ;)

Edit : + Hope for Biffy too ;)

Edited by Tremousse

Bands that will save my fest: PJ (very unlikely) or Arcade Fire (99% ruled out, but 1% due to BST in 2014) or Radiohead (more & more unlikely with every day that pass). Im probably doomed;)

Oh well,  Beck and the National would be good enough along with Massive Attack,  Foals,  Father John Misty  and Damon Albarn. 

Likely: most of pete76's shit announcement.. 

predictions for today : foals,iggy pop,m83,hyphen hyphen,flume,alabama shakes,bastille,the national, beach house,Lana del rey,boiz noize

for the thursday headline : bruce springsteen or radiohead or colplay.

and for thursday  disclorue  will be closer of Klub C and chemical brothers will be main stage closer.

29 minutes ago, Mr. luiguibangbang said:

The National is mention as a candidate but are they in Europe for summer? They would be a nice addition to the lineup!

Yes they are :) They play at Tinderbox (23-25 June), Down The Rabbit Hole (24-26 June), and Pistoia Blues (12th July) 

13 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Yes they are :) They play at Tinderbox (23-25 June), Down The Rabbit Hole (24-26 June), and Pistoia Blues (12th July)

Thanks! That makes them a great contender, hope they get announced today. We need some good names, the last two weeks specially the last one was chaos!