Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

1 minute ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Yes! Unexpected though. A guy who sent me the line up poster a day in advance last year told me it would only be next week, which makes sense as they are in the US. So I expected that Chokri's daughter's countdown was for 'the announcement of the announcement'.

Saw on twitter that a social media expert was doing some work for them last week which made me think that they'd drop the line up whilst the organizers are away in Texas.

Finger crossed for the Chems, thats all I ask.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a fairly good feeling about htis year. I'm sure not everyone will be to my taste, but Rhianna and Muse + A.N Other big act would be a serious statement of intent, as it were.

I tend to find the undercard the most entertaining so hopeful I'll find another Father John Misty, Jurassic 5, Goat etc in there somewhere.

I have serious doubts about the last headliner being Massive Attack. Sure, they have a sold out show in Belgium but I just feel like apart from the people that got a ticket for that gig, they won't draw a big crowd and are not popular enough in Belgium anymore. If they come, it will be as Marquee headliner I think, maybe on the Muse day to spread the people across the field a bit more?

Any chance for The Cure or would that be too expensive combined with Muse and Rihanna? Or Kendrick Lamar?

Oh and I seriously hope we won't see Bieber pop up on snapchat on Wednesday!

Edited by TheKiewitGuy

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Diet Diet, Obviously depends on the strength of the line up but what chance for Twenty One Pilots to sub? They're absolute shite but played last year and seem to be on a lot of people's wish lists this year. 

They're rather popular with the youth indeed, but definitely would not qualify as a sub. Even in weak editions we had bigger subs than that (and it's not shaping up to be a weak one imo).

26 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

I have serious doubts about the last headliner being Massive Attack. Sure, they have a sold out show in Belgium but I just feel like apart from the people that got a ticket for that gig, they won't draw a big crowd and are not popular enough in Belgium anymore. If they come, it will be as Marquee headliner I think, maybe on the Muse day to spread the people across the field a bit more?

I can't see Massive Attack accepting a Marquee slot when headlining similarly sized festivals in other countries (Oya, Benicassim, ...). I'm currently expecting MA because I can't see any other headlining options. LCD Soundsystem is too small to carry a day, The Cure too expensive, Kendrick Lamar doesn't have any tour dates in that period, ...

47 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Any chance for The Cure or would that be too expensive combined with Muse and Rihanna? Or Kendrick Lamar?

Oh and I seriously hope we won't see Bieber pop up on snapchat on Wednesday!

I have my doubts about Massive Attack as well, just don't think they'd be a good fit for the main stage (although the XX would be a similar vibe I suppose) and are probably be too big for the Marquee, unless as you say they put them up against Muse, which would probably piss a lot of people off and would be a pretty pointless booking in that respect. I wouldn't be that fussed to miss them tbh, probably the most boring live band i've seen. Much better on record. Possible Sub?

Bieber is the one we're all hoping is not on the bill. Let's hope this European exclusive statement was correct. As for the Cure, who knows, and if there's gonna be a rap headliner then it may as well be Kendrick.Only Kanye or Eminem would be big enough, unless this Dr.Dre thing comes off which I can't see. Kanye will be $$$$ and split the crowd even more than Rihanna and don't think we'll have Eminem back so soon. Think the top end will be pretty much Hip Hop free from what bands are available.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

12 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I wouldn't be that fussed to miss them tbh, probably the most boring live band i've seen. Much better on record. Possible Sub?

I've seen them three times (1998, 2014, and 2 weeks ago) and they've upped their live game, er, massively. They were dull as shit first time, brilliant both recent times.

The middle section of Future Proof played live is as loud as anything Muse have in their arsenal. Even Safe From Harm gets a rock out at the end.

Whether this change is related to the fact that Grant Marshall barely came on stage all evening I have no idea.

Edited by Trufflehound

Maybe we get The Who as a third headliner? They announced two dates in Spain today so they will probably still be in Europe by then as the North-American tour is finished by then?

Wishful thinking probably :P. It's just that I have nothing with Massive Attack, even though I really enjoy similar bands.

Going back to my very first guess, there are a few Green Day rumours floating around. 

Could he fit the Sziget hint? his head is slanted, which is a start

Thinking about it, it may not be out of the question getting 3 massive headliners this year. Muse and someone like Green Day could have been booked months ago as the traditional (bar 2015) 2 big headliners and Rihanna was offered at a relatively reasonable fee (don't forget they weren't under any obligation to say yes to the booking)

Billie-joe-armstrong--8381.jpg

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Going back to my very first guess, there are a few Green Day rumours floating around. 

Could he fit the Sziget hint? his head is slanted, which is a start

Thinking about it, it may not be out of the question getting 3 massive headliners this year. Muse and someone like Green Day could have been booked months ago as the traditional (bar 2015) 2 big headliners and Rihanna was offered at a relatively reasonable fee (don't forget they weren't under any obligation to say yes to the booking)

Billie-joe-armstrong--8381.jpg

Dave,

Where did you see that Green Day rumours? I can't see them playing in Europe this summer...

24 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Might be nothing but Chokri's daughter just liked the following tweet from a local guy who filmed Diplo and a few other DJs last year:

'JACK U at @pukkelpop would be so great'

Think it's a given that Diplo will be there in some form. He always is.

I've a feeling tomorrow might be somewhat of a let down.

7 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I've a feeling tomorrow night be somewhat of a let down.

Keep the faith Dave!!! As long as there's no mention of Placebo, Snow Patrol or dUES then we're all good!

Agree with you Karam that there's a good chance Tale of Us will be there. I didn't even realise until I got home that they'd cancelled last year.

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Think it's a given that Diplo will be there in some form. He always is.

I've a feeling tomorrow might be somewhat of a let down.

Last year letdown is unbeatable. Everybody expecting Blur as a headliner and we got Bastille, Ellie Goulding, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Offspring. Last year it was the first time for me that I didn't attend the festival after 6 years in a row. 

At least Rihanna and Muse are real headliners in every festival in the world. 

Let's see if this year they get nice bands for Shelter Stage. Last years programma was pathetic. Lot of horrible metalcore and unkown bands.