Draft beer

SloopJohnB

We have a cider thread so I thought I'd start a general beer thread and have a moan.

I wish KC would finally give us draft beer (ale, lager and cider) across the site. I love real ale, but sometimes you want a change and I'm sick of being ripped off for cans of shite lager!!!

Heinekin had a bar at Isle of Wight last year and it was the best bar there by a street.

Kendal seems to have better options than most , San Miguel and Kopperberg , as well as a brilliant Real Ale tent. Was good enough for me.

Hopefully they won't go down the cheapest option for max profit. I'm talking Fosters and Carlsberg here.

I hope that Heinekin is on tap and that Bulmers do something similar to what they did at Isle of wight festival this year . Looked great.

Heinekin had a bar at Isle of Wight last year and it was the best bar there by a street.

Kendal seems to have better options than most , San Miguel and Kopperberg , as well as a brilliant Real Ale tent. Was good enough for me.

Hopefully they won't go down the cheapest option for max profit. I'm talking Fosters and Carlsberg here.

I hope that Heinekin is on tap and that Bulmers do something similar to what they did at Isle of wight festival this year . Looked great.

If you're someone who likes to drink cider throughout the day and kopperberg is your only option (and pear or mixed fruit in the main bars at that, not even apple) it is a problem considering any more than 2 and the effects can be...interesting but definitely not intoxicating! Plus it's ridiculously sweet. I'm glad they're getting something more regular cider like in! Edited by efcfanwirral

Ive just been looking for a price list, and cant find one - Im pretty certain cans of Fruit Cider (they had no apple) were £4.50 plus the refundable deposit on can return.  Have a feeling the Carlsberg 440ml were £4.20 or similar.  They had an offer on 4 cans that worked out a bit cheaper.  The bars were (unsurprisingly) not very busy.

Ive just been looking for a price list, and cant find one - Im pretty certain cans of Fruit Cider (they had no apple) were £4.50 plus the refundable deposit on can return.  Have a feeling the Carlsberg 440ml were £4.20 or similar.  They had an offer on 4 cans that worked out a bit cheaper.  The bars were (unsurprisingly) not very busy.

I was thinking £4.20 too. I wish they would just get Strongbow though, not too keen on Bulmers and the Koppaberg was too sickly after a while. A pint of Heineken would go down well too, Carlsberg is horrible at the best of times never mind out of a a lukewarm can.

The food isn't too badly priced, actually. Obviously the standard burger vans are a bit of a rip-off as they always are, but if you avoid them then you can find some stuff that's actually edible and won't cost you more than £5/6...to be honest though, you (well me personally anyway...) don't mind paying a wee bit dearer if it's actually nice.

• 5 weeks later...

Beer prices a rip off as ever then....I mostly drink ale...but the missus does not! £4.40 for a small bottle of bulmers or a can of lager is a f*****g joke!!!!

Warm can of lager. Unless at the real ale tent, where it was ice cold. Probably as they would imagine the clientele to be more discerning, whereas at the other bars most won't care. More than once I asked 'are they cold?' and when told no didn't bother.

Edited by efcfanwirral