NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

54 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Pudding? Errr..... To be honest, once we're sat down for dinner, neither of us wants to get up to sort out a pud, so we'll probably have a few Jaffa cakes with coffee, if anything! 

One day I'll do a mr gumby cookbook, just for my efests chums :) 

Yaaaaaaay happy days :) .

Jammie dodgers for me all day. Enjoy your night Mr Gumball

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've spent the past hour playing my uke, mostly Radiohead songs (no, S2H, not the Amanda Palmer pastiche versions, I play them properly and, I can tell you, the chord sequences are blooming' tricky on a four-stringed instrument!).

This concluded with a rousing rendition of No Surprises, with me fantasising (not for the first time...) about me playing it at Glastonbury! You know, on that little stage in the middle of the one of the tracks in Greenpeace?, or close to Williams's Green/Market Place area? Can't quite remember where it is!

:)

Ben

What a rubbish day .... Seem to have lost two special rings ( no finbarr please ). Preume I took them off for crossfit last Friday ( as I never wear them when exercising ) and would normally have put them in my purse but they are not there, not at work, can't find them at home ..... Emailed crossfit and no one has handed them in .... Just stuck for places to look now ..... Absolutely gutted , one in particular has huge sentimental value as it was bought for me by someone who is no longer with us and I promised to always wear it :-( 

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

What a rubbish day .... Seem to have lost two special rings ( no finbarr please ). Preume I took them off for crossfit last Friday ( as I never wear them when exercising ) and would normally have put them in my purse but they are not there, not at work, can't find them at home ..... Emailed crossfit and no one has handed them in .... Just stuck for places to look now ..... Absolutely gutted , one in particular has huge sentimental value as it was bought for me by someone who is no longer with us and I promised to always wear it :-( 

That's bloody crap, FF. I really feel for you because that's exactly the sort of misfortune that would make me really sad. I do hope you find them. If eventually you don't (let's be positive, it's gonna be OK), then think about finding/having made a new ring in dedication to the friend you lost. No, it won't be quite the same, but you'll know that you did that in their honour and everlasting memory.

Hope they turn up.

Ben
x

26 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That's bloody crap, FF. I really feel for you because that's exactly the sort of misfortune that would make me really sad. I do hope you find them. If eventually you don't (let's be positive, it's gonna be OK), then think about finding/having made a new ring in dedication to the friend you lost. No, it won't be quite the same, but you'll know that you did that in their honour and everlasting memory.

Hope they turn up.

Ben
x

Thank you Ben, been hunting and hunting and now just stuck for where to look next . Not shed any tears yet, apart from when I read what you wrote. I never ever worry or care for 'things ' , just people , and most 'objects' don't actually matter ...apart from this one. 

Maddening how absent minded you can be when something is so much second nature, need to have a good car hunt tomorrow incase for some reason they fell out my purse , out of my bag and onto the car floor ..... Darn slim chance but gotta look everywhere

great idea though, I've got some jewellery stashed away that I'm never likely to wear again that he bought me .... It worst comes to the worst then I'll have all that remade into a new ring. 

Thanks for your kind words , not sure I'll sleep tonight but if I do maybe where they are will come to me in my dreams / subconscious 

10 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I've spent the past hour playing my uke, mostly Radiohead songs (no, S2H, not the Amanda Palmer pastiche versions, I play them properly and, I can tell you, the chord sequences are blooming' tricky on a four-stringed instrument!).

This concluded with a rousing rendition of No Surprises, with me fantasising (not for the first time...) about me playing it at Glastonbury! You know, on that little stage in the middle of the one of the tracks in Greenpeace?, or close to Williams's Green/Market Place area? Can't quite remember where it is!

Ben

I still can't remember where anything is and I've been 7 times!! 

11 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Sending you massive virtual hugs and positive thoughts your way and hoping they turn up FF, :)

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

I still can't remember where anything is and I've been 7 times!! 

I think Benny means the place we had the brandy hot chocolate. The small world stage or something. I would happily listen to a uke version of No surprises whilst supping an imbibed hot choccers. Glastonbury moment right there. :D

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I think Benny means the place we had the brandy hot chocolate. The small world stage or something. I would happily listen to a uke version of No surprises whilst supping an imbibed hot choccers. Glastonbury moment right there. :D

Oh yes! That is the Small World Stage. First time I'd been there, was last year! That hot choc was splendid. Lets do it again this year :)

12 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Hey Doc hope all is well mate, I didn't know you played the Uke mate so thought you may like what a few local lads i know have been doing, have a look on youtube their called ukebox, lovely gang of lads and are so funny and entertaining, they are getting very popular in Liverpool and have been branching out the past couple of years but let me know what you think fella, they,ll have a go at playing absolutely anything which can make their nights so funny.:thumbsu:

Have a lovely day everyone hope you`re all good?

Starting to get sooooooo excited to who is going to be announced, (Still praying for Damian Marley) and until i see the full last lineup then i`ll continue to do so. Praise be to the weather gods.

NFR NFC  :bow:

Afternoon all! :)

today I am mostly getting all my brewing equipment cleaned and ready for my next project, almond wine. Theoretically, it should end up tasting a bit like amoretto, but not as strong, and not as sweet, so you can have a glass or two without your mouth feeling like it's covered in syrup! 

4 hours ago, H.M.V said:

3 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Oh yes! That is the Small World Stage. First time I'd been there, was last year! That hot choc was splendid. Lets do it again this year :)

Sorry lovely ladies - wasn't the Small World Stage - though I too really loved that place last year.

The place I'm talking about was a completely open aired little platform stage right 'in the middle' of one of the wider tracks close to Greenpeace, I think. Might have been near the polar bear. I walked past it loads of times on my way to somewhere or other, often stopping for a while to listen to whomever was playing. In fact, it might even have been open mic, with a blackboard indicating who was on and when, after they'd signed up, presumably earlier in the day/weekend.

Anyone remember where that was/is?

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sorry lovely ladies - wasn't the Small World Stage - though I too really loved that place last year.

The place I'm talking about was a completely open aired little platform stage right 'in the middle' of one of the wider tracks close to Greenpeace, I think. Might have been near the polar bear. I walked past it loads of times on my way to somewhere or other, often stopping for a while to listen to whomever was playing. In fact, it might even have been open mic, with a blackboard indicating who was on and when, after they'd signed up, presumably earlier in the day/weekend.

Ben

Yer that was the place Doc, right by the polar bear it was and it was an open mic stage,  close to the farmers market was it called? great area to chill out with some fresh melon and take in some G.  (Go on!) lol.

3 hours ago, tommywillo said:

Hey Doc hope all is well mate, I didn't know you played the Uke mate so thought you may like what a few local lads i know have been doing, have a look on youtube their called ukebox, lovely gang of lads and are so funny and entertaining, they are getting very popular in Liverpool and have been branching out the past couple of years but let me know what you think fella, they,ll have a go at playing absolutely anything which can make their nights so funny.:thumbsu:

Have a lovely day everyone hope you`re all good?

Starting to get sooooooo excited to who is going to be announced, (Still praying for Damian Marley) and until i see the full last lineup then i`ll continue to do so. Praise be to the weather gods.

NFR NFC  :bow:

Hi TommyBoy

Checked out UkeBox and yes, those boys look like a lot of fun! Personally, I'd ditch the suits, but I have an aversion to any sort of smart clothing!

My only other beef is that on the vids I saw, a couple of them were using a PICK! On a UKE! That's like putting pineapple on a pizza...you just DON'T DO IT!!

Let me know if they get a Glastonbury nod and I'll hijack their set :)

Ben
x

Edited by bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi TommyBoy

Checked out UkeBox and yes, those boys look like a lot of fun! Personally, I'd ditch the suits, but I have an aversion to any sort of smart clothing!

My only other beef is that on the vids I saw, a couple of them were using a PICK! On a UKE! That's like putting pineapple on a pizza...you just DON'T DO IT!!

Let me know if they get a Glastonbury nod and I'll hijack their set :)

Ben
x

Lol, I,ll tell them that, my girl told them the suits look a bit tacky a few weeks ago so you`re not on your own with that one dude. lol, They really are a right laugh and will try any tune thrown at them some with hilarious endings.

I,ll be sure to let you know if they get a gig mate. Have a good afternoon.:thumbsu:

18 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Do you mean this place, Ben?

image.jpg.3a40eacdd9046d40f2fc4a39dbc218

19 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Ooooooooh if that`s the place that is the bandstand isn't it? a dear friend just told me about this aswell, it may be that one Doc was talking about but the one i was thinking is just a little tiny stage nothing that size and had a little blackboard to the right hand side of it for people to put their name down to go onstage. Some half decent to some half tone deaf was what i got when i was there. lol. good to watch though.

Isnt the bandstand open on Thursdays? good place to go to before the bigger stages start on Friday.

Finishing work soon soooooooo......... Whats for tea Gumball. :bow: 

40 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Sorry, Gumbles, but the Merseysider gets the points this afternoon. The bandstand was great too, but it was the little open mic stand that Tommy has ID'd that I was thinking of.

And yes, what is for tea, Mr G?

At Casa Ben tonight it's a pork and leek casserole that I made this afternoon that is gonna be nom nom nom.

Ben
x

Still no idea what stage you mean! I do know the bandstand though, and yes, they have stuff on Thursdays. I saw Biggles Wartime Band last year there for the first time! 

Dinner for me is a veggie stew I've got bubbling. Mr Ginger had a wisdom tooth out this morning so I am off to look after him today and tomorrow. So it's squidgy food for us today! I'm going to make cheeses herby dumplings to go in the stew in a mo :)

HMV hope you feel better soon xx