NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

One of the weirdest most beautiful places ever,

I just love the whole area and have looked at moving there a few times just havnt got the heart to leave my neices and nephews.

H to the M to the V have you heard of a place called Nefyn? a friend of mine has a farm down there, not much happening in them parts as much but its beautiful to get away for a bit and has some amazing walks not many people know about.

I just know a few people on this forum would honestly love the whol;e area really,

Bit of a mooch around Portmeirion an gotta have a bit of Llandudno tobogganing down the great Orme and a good hike around snowdon or weather permitting up the big mofo.

Fuck it i,m moving there!!!

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isnt it, did you see Beddgelerts grave? what a furry friend he mustve been aye me oirish Gin drinking buddy?

Tell me youve been to Portmeirion though?????

YES, Love Portmeirion. Love it so much I actually had meetings with my ex fiancé there to hold our wedding. It didn't happen cos its too hilly and had too many family members with mobility issues and then we split up.

Oh well.

Oooh interesting. :D

How many raging ankle biters are likely to be on this camping trip? As in strange ones not involved in our group and haring around said camp site?

Just don't want the urge for BBQ toddler. ;)

I think you were right HMV.  We are indeed going to get along famously :biggrin:

YES, Love Portmeirion. Love it so much I actually had meetings with my ex fiancé there to hold our wedding. It didn't happen cos its too hilly and had too many family members with mobility issues and then we split up.

Oh well.

His loss innit kidda!!!

Not long found out there,s a festival on in Portmerion, "Festival number 6" it is. One of me bezzys is gigging there and has offered me a couple of tickets but i,ve got so much on i,ve got them on hold until i can blag my girl to come with me, hahahaha.

It looks amazing but i,ve got so much on with work and other shite. Boooooooooo to normal life getting in the way of fun!!!

It`d be great to show some of the Southern side of this forum around there deffo and i,m almost certain most would friggin love the place and wouldn`t wanna go back home or at least visit again.

Edit - to say your also allowed furry friends in this campsite.

:beach:

Edited by tommywillo

I'm pretty sure you and I could snarl at strange children enough to put them off coming closer!! 

I can prob bring a tent for you too if The Gumby's couldn't :)

Shall we pencil it in for next summer? 

Get pencilling Lucy Loo Gingeroooooooooo!!! I'm sure we can sneak away to a pub to avoid BBQ toddler tendencies. :D

Hello all

This sounds interesting.  My place is not far from there, a village just north of Dorchester (towards Crewkerne in fact) so may be able to chip in if these plans come to fruition.

Plenty of equipment, chairs & inflatable beds etc that may come in handy for a long distance visitor, and if anyone needs a place to crash to extend their visit then you are welcome to borrow the house. We are about 50  30 yards from a wonderful old pub.

Edited by muffled oars

Get pencilling Lucy Loo Gingeroooooooooo!!! I'm sure we can sneak away to a pub to avoid BBQ toddler tendencies. :D

Woo! Fabulous. Both for camping trips and the pub! :) 

www.campingintheforest.co.uk/wales/beddgelert-campsite

Thats the website if anyone is interested even for a family break,

I,ve been more than 20 times so if anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask or PM me no probs at all.

Oh and there,s a boss harry potter type steam train that runs right through the middle of it that does tours right around snowdonia national park and on a clear day its stunning in every direction trust me.

Oh and in mushroom season its great aswell but thats for another day  :sarcastic:

That place looks good Tommy! I can drive to North Wales in a few hours :) 

I haven't been to Portmeirion since I was small (as in a child, I know I'm still quite short, before any of you start!) but would love to go again. 

Two camping trips next year then? 

Hello all

This sounds interesting.  My place is not far from there, a village just north of Dorchester (towards Crewkerne in fact) so may be able to chip in if these plans come to fruition.

Plenty of equipment, chairs & inflatable beds etc that may come in handy for a long distance visitor, and if anyone needs a place to crash to extend their visit then you are welcome to borrow the house. We are about 50  30 yards from a wonderful old pub.

Ooh we do like an old pub! :) 

Woo! Fabulous. Both for camping trips and the pub! :)

That place looks good Tommy! I can drive to North Wales in a few hours :)

I haven't been to Portmeirion since I was small (as in a child, I know I'm still quite short, before any of you start!) but would love to go again. 

Two camping trips next year then? 

I,m more than up for it Lucy loo the ginger ninja,

And like the lovely Muffled Oars says i can help people travelling a long way by bringing extra tents and airbeds and camp chairs and stuff like that, we can bring a few swedish candles for our parties cooking and i,d show ya`ll some amazing views and places to visit no probs at all, it,d deffo be great to meet everyone aswell.

We need to get this sorted out as i,m chomping at the bit already, hahahaha.

Also in the campsite for you and H to the M to the V there,s an area full of nettles use can throw kids in if their doin ya nuts in. hahahaha.

I,m thinking you would love Llandudno Lucy, on a hot and clear day its feckin gorgeous and then some.

I,m deffo thinking Matty would love it for work and for pleasure as the river that runs through the bottom of the campsite has some fantastic wildlife depending on what time of year we went as he will know,

And for Thurlow theres some boss lil pubs he,d enjoy drinking dry.

Lets get it sorted then mofos!!!!

Maybe another Facebook page with numbers and stuff, hahahaha.

I,m more than up for it Lucy loo the ginger ninja,

And like the lovely Muffled Oars says i can help people travelling a long way by bringing extra tents and airbeds and camp chairs and stuff like that, we can bring a few swedish candles for our parties cooking and i,d show ya`ll some amazing views and places to visit no probs at all, it,d deffo be great to meet everyone aswell.

We need to get this sorted out as i,m chomping at the bit already, hahahaha.

Also in the campsite for you and H to the M to the V there,s an area full of nettles use can throw kids in if their doin ya nuts in. hahahaha.

I,m thinking you would love Llandudno Lucy, on a hot and clear day its feckin gorgeous and then some.

I,m deffo thinking Matty would love it for work and for pleasure as the river that runs through the bottom of the campsite has some fantastic wildlife depending on what time of year we went as he will know,

And for Thurlow theres some boss lil pubs he,d enjoy drinking dry.

Lets get it sorted then mofos!!!!

Maybe another Facebook page with numbers and stuff, hahahaha.

I had many a holiday in Wales as a child! Got family in the south, but we'd go to the north too so I've been to Llandudno :) I like Betws-Y-Coed too, all around there is lovely. 

I'd also like to make sure I had access to the nettles in case the small poeple came too close ;) 

Id like camping i think, though ive never been camping as an adult outside of a festival

So im up for a nfr nfc camping trip if given enough notice :)

I've only camped out of a festival once, and that was last year with Mr & Mrs Slodge, and Mr & Mrs Matt! We had a weekend in the New Forest, it was very pleasant :) 

I used to go camping quite a  lot up in the lake district and down Abersoch in Wales. Shure its great craic altogether.

Gorgeous campsite near the Grizedale Forest up in the lakes called Hawkshead. Get involved its gorg and got lovely pubs for me and the other ogres to run away to the pub. Google that mo fo!

I used to go camping quite a lot up in the lake district and down Abersoch in Wales. Shure its great craic altogether.

Gorgeous campsite near the Grizedale Forest up in the lakes called Hawkshead. Get involved its gorg and got lovely pubs for me and the other ogres to run away to the pub. Google that mo fo!

Hawkshead brewery is in staveley

Tommy, I love North Wales spent most hols as a kid around anglesey abersoch and snowdonia, and beddgelert is beautiful would definitely be on for an NFR NFC trip but would have to be next year as we are pretty booked up this summer already :-(

HMV and Lucy I promise I would keep my kids away from you as much as possible!! (But they are alright really I promise - but I may be biased..)

Tommy, I love North Wales spent most hols as a kid around anglesey abersoch and snowdonia, and beddgelert is beautiful would definitely be on for an NFR NFC trip but would have to be next year as we are pretty booked up this summer already :-(

HMV and Lucy I promise I would keep my kids away from you as much as possible!! (But they are alright really I promise - but I may be biased..)

It's mainly strangers children we don't like! I'm sure yours are lovely. As children go. ;)

It's old! I can't remember details but it was planted as someones hunting ground hundreds of years ago :)

I believe it was William the conqueror who established it as a 'royal' forest, although it was woodland already. There's a legend that, as divine punishment for evicting the families who had lived there, 2 of William's sons died in the forest.

love the new forest go wild camping there all the time ..tis great for shrooms as well ....it was william the concurer [ spelling lol ] who made it his hunting ground ....theres a great book call THE FOREST  by Edward Rutherfurd ....tis a good read ....which camp site did you go to Lucy girl ?...