Whisky Bar

hogboy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*grinds teeth*

whisky or whiskey? i'm aware that i'm being a snob - but if you're going to tout something as a whiskey/whisky bar, then at least make it clear which! as "cocktails" are being mentioned, i'm assuming it will be more whiskey (bourbon), but could be wrong.

i, for one, will be bringing my own whisky. auchtenoshan american oak. happy to share a dram with anyone who asks. i don't look like bon fogle tho.

*grinds teeth*

whisky or whiskey? i'm aware that i'm being a snob - but if you're going to tout something as a whiskey/whisky bar, then at least make it clear which! as "cocktails" are being mentioned, i'm assuming it will be more whiskey (bourbon), but could be wrong.

i, for one, will be bringing my own whisky. auchtenoshan american oak. happy to share a dram with anyone who asks. i don't look like bon fogle tho.

From the replies and website this is a "whiskey" bar, so not quite what I was hoping for when I started the thread, but still a good find none the less.

It's becoming increasingly common now however to find cocktails which use good quality single malts rather than blended or bourbon whiskey. You sound like a man who likes it on its own, but worth exploring. I like that one cocktail can take on different characteristics depending on which whisky you go for. A well made cocktail goes beyond just watering down the taste with mixers, it adds complexity and subtle flavours to the drink.

I like the Auchentoshan American Oak as well, so if I see you I'll be over for a wee dram!

yeah the american oak is fairly light - and affordable - as far as single malts go which is therefore better for sharing with fellow campers. one of my regular camp mates always brings teachers for similar reasons which does the job, but my preferences are (unfortunately for me) slightly more expensive...

I thought Whisky was Scotch and Whiskey was everywhere else. 

I bow to your superior knowledge. 

"Whisky" in Japan.

Speaking of which, I hope they have some Hibiki this year. Beautiful stuff.

Bowl of gumbo in Williams Green and then toddle over for a digestif.

I'm bringing laphroaig triple wood, my friend's supplying glenfarclas 105

laphroaig? you mentalist. might as well just gargle some mud for that distinctive earthy flavour

there appears to be enough interest in this thread that when i'm getting blitzed at some point at this bar, i'm going to be peering at people trying to work out if usernames fit with any of your faces. which may or may not go down well. 

Edited by chief_scrutter

laphroaig? you mentalist. might as well just gargle some mud for that distinctive earthy flavour

there appears to be enough interest in this thread that when i'm getting blitzed at some point at this bar, i'm going to be peering at people trying to work out if usernames fit with any of your faces. which may or may not go down well. 

I'm with EarnestWorthing on this one, i love a peaty whisky.

I'll be looking out for ben fogal.

Edited by chewsavedlatin