Who's been To Wally's Bar?

taff 5

I think we ended up in there on thursday in 2013, didn't have any passes or anything.

Is it a lady that runs it? she had a right old moan at me about all the rubbish on the floor, none of it was anything to do with me. I helped her clear it up though and she apologized and gave me a free drink. Don Letts was sitting on a bench outside.

Has anyone here spent any time at this bar before? It's the Shangri La Crew Bar located in their crew camping field . It looks smashing from the pics I've located. I understand that they will serve folk from other site crews as long as they have a laminate of some sort and they don't take the mick by turning up with 50 people and swamping the place!

Does this sound right to anyone who knows the bar? I'm onsite from tuesday morning and would love to check it out on Tuesday night? Last year I drank at the Bread and Roses which opens pre-festival and it was nice but Wally's looks nicer!

will be open on The Tuesday. Normally is. and if you are working there flash your laminate and your fine, don't normally need that either. The Block 9 Bar will be open too which is a great one also.

When you are in there you can ask the staff if they have any wristbands so you can go back anytime in the festival, although I'm sure they let most folk in.

So it's defo a crew only bar now? shame loved that bar in 2013 :(

Don't quote me on this but..............

The bar wants to sell as much alcohol as possible.

There will be security filtering people .

If the bar is not running at full capacity the organisers won't care who goes in there as long as they spend money.

This is how these things work. A confident walk and a nice smile should be all you need.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

Don't quote me on this but..............

The bar wants to sell as much alcohol as possible.

There will be security filtering people .

If the bar is not running at full capacity the organisers won't care who goes in there as long as they spend money.

This is how these things work. A confident walk and a nice smile should be all you need.

Cheers I'll bear that in mind :)

Cool! What should we expect there Paulo?

Here's the blurb:

"The Tow and Hitch is an intimate, traditional pub to unwind in after a hard days graft. Over the weekend, DJ's will be laying down tunes from across the spectrum until the dawn and the bar is the perfect place to watch the Arcadia show in style, whilst kicking back on a chesterfield and sippin' on a tipple in front of a roaring fire."

https://www.facebook.com/events/395142827360663/

Here's the blurb:

"The Tow and Hitch is an intimate, traditional pub to unwind in after a hard days graft. Over the weekend, DJ's will be laying down tunes from across the spectrum until the dawn and the bar is the perfect place to watch the Arcadia show in style, whilst kicking back on a chesterfield and sippin' on a tipple in front of a roaring fire."

https://www.facebook.com/events/395142827360663/

Cool! Thanks Paulo, I will definitely be going there!

Been there every year on Wed - if you like a different beer, this is the place to go.

Glastonbury%20-%20Wallys%20Bar_zpsnbwb9o

Used to be the "old" toilets opposite the Delux Diner, which have now moved to the field next-along.

Beer selection brilliant.

Licence (technically) means crew only, so never been able to get a beer there after Wed (though as some people have been saying, perhaps my mistake was asking when security stopped me).

Would have been my fav real ale bar on site ... if only they would have served me!