The Alcohol Thread

marcwilson87

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who pre-mix their alcohol before they go - best to use fresh fruit juice or squash?

I tried lemon squash one year. Logic was that squash bottle smaller than mixers and water always cold from the tap. It was okay... so will be doing again this year but also taking some little lemonades as well to mix it up.

We actually take a cool box. Managed to keep drinks fairly cool till the Sunday with some stringent cool box management.

I put this through its paces bank holiday Sunday http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=285779961

I’m really impressed with the taste, nice a dry but with plenty of fruity punch, very quaffable, much nicer than any "cider" i've managed to find in cans over the years

At 7% it packs a good punch but doesn’t taste like it so I’ll need to be careful not to get too carried away

I drank about two thirds of the box over the night and I’d rate my hangover at about 3/10 on the brutality scale, nothing some rehydration and a bacon sarnie couldn't fix, I’d even say my hangover poo was a delight considering how hammered I was

So I am happy to report I have found my Glastonbury tipple of choice, going to pick up a couple of boxes next payday and try not to drink think :)

Am going by coach this year - what will I realistically be able to bring with me in terms of cans, spirits and wine would you say?

As much as you can carry off the coach basically. Just make sure you put your crate in a bag though. Not so much to please the coach driver so no-one takes your crate by accident.

I put this through its paces bank holiday Sunday http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=285779961

I’m really impressed with the taste, nice a dry but with plenty of fruity punch, very quaffable, much nicer than any "cider" i've managed to find in cans over the years

At 7% it packs a good punch but doesn’t taste like it so I’ll need to be careful not to get too carried away

I drank about two thirds of the box over the night and I’d rate my hangover at about 3/10 on the brutality scale, nothing some rehydration and a bacon sarnie couldn't fix, I’d even say my hangover poo was a delight considering how hammered I was

So I am happy to report I have found my Glastonbury tipple of choice, going to pick up a couple of boxes next payday and try not to drink think :)

Glad to hear positive opinions on this stuff. I just received a bulk booze order from Tesco last night (took advantage of the £12 off your first £60+ order offer) and a few cases of this were among the items. As too were a couple of four can packs of that new Thatcher's cider that was being discussed earlier in the thread.

I wasn't there last year but year before there was toffee apple, strawberry, pear, can't remember what else!

Last year they had all of these plus cloudy lemon!

Im really impressed with the taste, nice a dry but with plenty of fruity punch, very quaffable, much nicer than any "cider" i've managed to find in cans over the years

At 7% it packs a good punch but doesnt taste like it so Ill need to be careful not to get too carried away

I drank about two thirds of the box over the night and Id rate my hangover at about 3/10 on the brutality scale, nothing some rehydration and a bacon sarnie couldn't fix, Id even say my hangover poo was a delight considering how hammered I was

Ditto, it's lovely stuff. A much smoother, easier too drink taste than the Westons in a box.

Will be getting three of these.

Asda are doing 16 cans of Thatchers gold for £12. Can't see that being beaten so getting my load today.

This sounds ideal,

but how do you get over the fact that its 3 litres in one bag?

Good shout. Any guesses as to what flavours they will have?

I can't even remember from last year!

They have launched a Coconut & Lime Flavour so hopefully they will have that. They also have a cranberry and lime one but would imagine they would go with the coconut one as they seem to be pushing it quite hard. Reckon they will defo have Strawberry, Toffee Apple and Standard Pear

Last year was Toffee Apple, Strawberry, Cloudy Lemon and Festival Strength

They had a Tutti Frutti a few years ago which was nice but it seems to have disappeared :-(