Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

Is that the exact title (because it should be "its" not "it's")?

I like the way my bank does it - when I set up a new payment they call me and I have to enter the 4 digit code on screen into the phone. Is that the sort of thing you're talking about?

You're correct haha that's not the exact title, I just typed it really quickly

That's exactly it, I've just finished a chapter on SMS verification

Just now, flanger said:

Any idea what those methods were? Would you be willing to let me quote you in my project?

Please quote it as "Michaelgball : 2 step verification user and eFestival glasto resale forum member" in your dissertation. Guarantee it will go unnoticed by the marker.

My brother only got his refund/email for his ticket around lunchtime today, so its obviously taken a while to work through the refund side of things, and I can't see them sticking tickets back on while they are still working through the refunds. 

On a positive note, hopefully this means they had a lot of refunds to work through.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jumbomcnutt said:

Please quote it as "Michaelgball : 2 step verification user and eFestival glasto resale forum member" in your dissertation. Guarantee it will go unnoticed by the marker.

Hahaha think I'd get extra marks for that??

Just now, magicg said:

My brother only got his refund/email for his ticket around lunchtime today, so its obviously taken a while to work through the refund side of things, and I can't see them sticking tickets back on while they are still working through the refunds. 

On a positive note, hopefully this means they had a lot of refunds to work through.

Useful info. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, flanger said:

Now I've wasted another full day thanks to See, anyone fancy writing a chapter of my dissertation for me?? :lol:

Only if you want it writing about the woes of not getting a Glastonbury ticket. Or unicorns. Those are my only areas of expertise. 

7 minutes ago, flanger said:

Any idea what those methods were? Would you be willing to let me quote you in my project?

The two that caught me out were:

They gathered as much information about me as they possibly could, called up gmail and pretended to be me to get a password reset.

Second one, kinda my fault, but they searched for leaked forum databases using my email address. Found a few websites i had used several years in the past that had their username/password files leaked. I stupidly had a slightly predictable pattern in my passwords and they figured it out using two different databases. 

For example i'd have "Peanutbutterface16" for facebook 2016. and id have "Peanutbuttertwit15" for twitter 2015

Edited by Michaelgball

Just now, flanger said:

You're correct haha that's not the exact title, I just typed it really quickly

That's exactly it, I've just finished a chapter on SMS verification

Personally I think doing it via mobile somehow is the best way in terms of ease of use for the consumer. One of my other bank accounts gave me that mini keypad thing but it's useless if you don't have it when you need it!!

Not sure if this is it, but I have 2 hotmail email addresses and at one point they were the verification for each other. So I would get a "you're logging in from a different location, we've sent an email to your other email *****@hotmail.com - go and click that link to log in." So I'd try to log into my other hotmail and I'd get the same message just with the other email address!!! I've changed that verification method now...

2 minutes ago, Michaelgball said:

The two that caught me out were:

They gathered as much information about me as they possibly could, called up gmail and pretended to be me to get a password reset.

Second one, kinda my fault, but they searched for leaked forum databases using my email address. Found a few websites i had used several years in the past and had their username/password files leaked. I stupidly had a slightly predictable pattern in my passwords and they figured it out using two different databases. 

For example i'd have "Peanutbutterface16" for facebook 2016. and id have "Peanutbuttertwit15" for twitter 2015

I'm going to shoot you a message

2 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

Personally I think doing it via mobile somehow is the best way in terms of ease of use for the consumer. One of my other bank accounts gave me that mini keypad thing but it's useless if you don't have it when you need it!!

Not sure if this is it, but I have 2 hotmail email addresses and at one point they were the verification for each other. So I would get a "you're logging in from a different location, we've sent an email to your other email *****@hotmail.com - go and click that link to log in." So I'd try to log into my other hotmail and I'd get the same message just with the other email address!!! I've changed that verification method now...

Do you prefer that method over, say, using a USB dongle to verify your identity when logging in to internet banking?

Yeah that probably wasn't a great idea :lol:

If you think it's bad not being able to leave your desk/computer  try working in a shop where you don't even have access to one and are not 'supposed' to have your phone on you

Im hiding mine in my apron pocket and lucky the wifi is brilliant, got the notifications straght away

however, when my whatsap and Web alert went off I was about to run away when a customer caught me and I had to serve them

I had no idea what was hsppening and I just looked at the customer and thought no one has or will ever hate you as much as I do right now

• Upvote 1

Just now, flanger said:

Do you prefer that method over, say, using a USB dongle to verify your identity when logging in to internet banking?

I dont mind the Barclays PinSentry device to be honest, and now they have a mobile app that also is a pinsentry it works really well. 

I use Google Authenticator for Skrill payments. So easy & fast. It's the future!

2 minutes ago, flanger said:

Definitely phone is the easiest as I've always got it with me and I don't need to carry something else around with me. Internet banking crops up surprisingly frequently e.g. if I owe someone money I'll ping it to them over the interweb. No faffing with change and it's done.

1 minute ago, cassw said:

If you think it's bad not being able to leave your desk/computer  try working in a shop where you don't even have access to one and are not 'supposed' to have your phone on you

Im hiding mine in my apron pocket and lucky the wifi is brilliant, got the notifications straght away

however, when my whatsap and Web alert went off I was about to run away when a customer caught me and I had to serve them

I had no idea what was hsppening and I just looked at the customer and thought no one has or will ever hate you as much as I do right now

:( I can't begin to imagine what that feeling must have been like. I would pretend to vomit and run away to the bathroom. I used to work in lush and we had aprons they were so strict about phones they would check pockets 

1 minute ago, Jolie23 said:

Definitely phone is the easiest as I've always got it with me and I don't need to carry something else around with me. Internet banking crops up surprisingly frequently e.g. if I owe someone money I'll ping it to them over the interweb. No faffing with change and it's done.

Yeah I agree! Thanks for your opinion!

Looks like I'm going to be buying lots of cider for everyone if we get tickets, this thread is the best

4 minutes ago, MissC said:

I've missed the last 12 pages as I've been in a meeting - with my phone thankfully!

Did I miss much? Or still same speculation that we know absolutely nothing more than we did this time yesterday?

well one thing we do know is that tickets will not go on sale on 11/05/2016. We did not know that yesterday ;)

Edited by Stocksey
additions
  • Upvote 1