Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just got home from work to find a load of emails from Follow That Page (first time in ages) and much swwearing ensued as I assumed I'd missed the resale. I guess not then. Wonder why all the activity today though?

Yep, I really, really want to go this year. My personal sob story is that ever since missing out on Radiohead in 2003, I've been trying to go every year in case they're the headliner again. Typically, this is the first year they've done it since and it's one of the few times I've been unable to get a ticket (I even had a ticket in 2011 and didn't pay the balance - guess who played a secret slot at the Park that year?). Also, in that 14 year gap Coldplay and Muse have both headlined 3 times each. There is no justice...

I've now resigned myself to the fact that I will never see them play the Pyramid stage (probably the best outdoor stage and atmosphere in the world), but I'm hanging in on this thread by my fingernails just in case! Here's hoping.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

The chap I was chatting to had quite a lot of damage to his land due to mud build up blocking the drains , so yes , on one hand , the festival organisers should keep the locals sweet. But on the other hand I wanna go to Glastonbury thus year

Could be returns from those locals who don't want them. Some don't. Fact!

Edited by scorp
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

The chap I was chatting to had quite a lot of damage to his land due to mud build up blocking the drains , so yes , on one hand , the festival organisers should keep the locals sweet. But on the other hand I wanna go to Glastonbury thus year

I can understand damage to the land , I was reading a thread earlier about different ways to get in avoiding queues.   Some seem to think at 5.00 it  is too early for the locals to be too worried about extra traffic ..living in a very rural area early morning is when the land owners totally do use the country roads . I can also understand your needs too and being miffed at tickets going where they are totally not appreciated .

If secret re-sales hadn't happened in the past then at least that would be that. It's the not knowing is the worst .  Hope it works out x

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If there is no secret resale, then it also highlights how very few there must have been when there has been a secret sale in previous years. Could be no more than 100 or so.

obviously, it just seems so unfair ... they should be sold on correct dates so everyone has the same chance, and that's that  not some not so secret sale of so few tickets at sometime that See tickets see fit. 

Do it once then do it always or not at all 

Just now, babyblade41 said:

obviously, it just seems so unfair ... they should be sold on correct dates so everyone has the same chance, and that's that  not some not so secret sale of so few tickets at sometime that See tickets see fit. 

Do it once then do it always or not at all 

Well any secret resale has to be secret and on a random day with no pattern attached to it, otherwise your chances of getting one would be virtually zero anyway.

15 minutes ago, pancakeroll said:

Yep, I really, really want to go this year. My personal sob story is that ever since missing out on Radiohead in 2003, I've been trying to go every year in case they're the headliner again. Typically, this is the first year they've done it since and it's one of the few times I've been unable to get a ticket (I even had a ticket in 2011 and didn't pay the balance - guess who played a secret slot at the Park that year?). Also, in that 14 year gap Coldplay and Muse have both headlined 3 times each. There is no justice...

I've now resigned myself to the fact that I will never see them play the Pyramid stage (probably the best outdoor stage and atmosphere in the world), but I'm hanging in on this thread by my fingernails just in case! Here's hoping.

Heart goes out to you. I feel the exact same way. Radiohead, my favourite band ever and I can't get tickets for the first time in 5 years. This would have been at the very top of my festival wish list. It ain't over yet, I'm looking at working options. 

1 minute ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

just catching up after a slack day, painting with the wee one and cooking roast!

so really there only is one other alternative...let's buy a property (party house) between us somewhere in Pilton! :D

I've heard worse ideas.

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If there is no secret resale, then it also highlights how very few there must have been when there has been a secret sale in previous years. Could be no more than 100 or so.

When I was looking on twitter earlier it looked like there was a secret resale on the 12th of May. It's a real shame they don't perhaps stagger a few to give people chance.

Just now, Alimy said:

When I was looking on twitter earlier it looked like there was a secret resale on the 12th of May. It's a real shame they don't perhaps stagger a few to give people chance.

I know there was a false alarm about one after Somerset live picked up on somebody being able to access the add registrations page, which anybody can anyway. I'm not sure if that's what your referring too because there hasn't been one at all so far.

5 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

I've just seen the latest EE Glastonbury app. Line up looks shit. Quite pleased I didn't get a ticket..... 

Oh, that's a pity. I've just won two tickets and was going to offer one to you. I'll find someone else who really wants to go.

5 minutes ago, MJ88 said:

Heart goes out to you. I feel the exact same way. Radiohead, my favourite band ever and I can't get tickets for the first time in 5 years. This would have been at the very top of my festival wish list. It ain't over yet, I'm looking at working options. 

Yeah I'd definitely consider working in some capacity but I can't help but think it's too late now. Let me know if you find anything? :)

3 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

that was last year on the 12th of may. there has been no resale this year

Ah, my bad... Attention to detail isn't my strong suit, clearly!

Fingers crossed then that they must have one at the very least?

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Someone posted this and the Shortlist one at the weekend. I entered the Shortlist one but couldn't see an entry button on this one (maybe you can only enter one?).