Less known artists/bands you should check out...

XIV

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for these, especially if they're in the JP tent. I bet Jason scares the shit out of some people.

Fucking love Sleaford Mods, part of the reason why I like them so much is because I find Jason so intimidating. Going to see them at KoKo in June some time before the festival, will report back on how it went. Will probs be brilliant though.

I did some photos with the sleafords for a magazine article

http://www.counterfeitmag.co.uk/features/sleaford-mods/

They arent scary at all in real life, nice lads. Backing dude was espescially happy after I gave him that Stella.

Am not sold completley on their music, though the prodigy single thats just dropped is great.

Nice work bud,

Still would be shaking like hell if I ever got into a conversation with Jason. Don't know how you managed to keep our cool!

Disagree about The Prodigy single, was a bit of a let down for me, but whatever floats. Anything off of Divide and Exit is fantastic. There's something so real about them which is brilliant.

Fucking love Sleaford Mods, part of the reason why I like them so much is because I find Jason so intimidating. Going to see them at KoKo in June some time before the festival, will report back on how it went. Will probs be brilliant though.

The more i listen to them the more im really looking forward to seeing them! This thread is great i love discovering new bands. Last year i stumbled accross the little gem that is rev peytons big damn band

Stealing Sheep confirmed by 6 Music last night. A very curious sound I'd like to check out.

I've seen them live in London last year. Really good, crazy fun vibe. I would definitely recommend and hopefully see them again in Glasto.

Really looking forward to St Paul & The Broken Bones. Old school soul with a singer who looks like Alan Carr would if he was an accountant but with a voice to make your heart leap with joy.

https://youtu.be/O2Fr3ZIpNJs

Watching this again today.

At the moment I'm genuinely looking forward to these more than anyone currently confirmed, really hope that TBC is proved to be correct.

At the moment I'm genuinely looking forward to these more than anyone currently confirmed, really hope that TBC is proved to be correct.

Apart from 1 or 2 I'm the same. They're perfect for Glasto. An Alabama Alan Carr who sounds like Otis Redding. Yes please!

Apart from 1 or 2 I'm the same. They're perfect for Glasto. An Alabama Alan Carr who sounds like Otis Redding. Yes please!

That guitar break in the middle of Call Me gets me grinning like a fool every time I hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7s9A3s8iv8

I'm hoping Jack Garratt could be there, been listening to him for a while now. Just bought tickets to see him in Birmingham on May 20th. He's sort of a dubby singer/songwriter, sounds a bit like James Blake.

I seen that bbc introducing have been posting live videos of him from SXSW on youtube, hopefully that makes him likely for a set on the bbc introducing stage?