Festaff applications

Funkyfairy!

Sounds like the 'Kayne factor' is not affecting the number of people wanting to attend (not necessarily pay) to go to Glastonbury

I think applications for wristbanding (maybe stewarding) staff went live today for new applicants and has closed already

Festaff facebook page

Huge thanks to everyone who has applied for Glastonbury 2015. We've had unprecedented demand for our positins and have now closed applications. If there are any further posts in the future we will annouce them through social media. thanks to one and all !!!

Reading back the posters seem to suggest that applications have remained open for a number of days/weeks in previous years

I've applied for this after missing out in the ticket sale.

What are the chances of actually being accepted? Presuming I should hedge my bets and try in the resale anyway?

I'm going to try the same also, would be nice to get a response back before the resales start.

with these voluntary tickets what's to stop an individual signing up to volunteer and then just not working any shifts once they are inside the festival. i understand you pay a deposit which the price of a ticket?, so i'm sure many people wouldn't mind losing this deposit money if they had been unsuccessful in the general sale, as a means of getting inside the festival? always wondered this!

They do have ways to prevent this and make life very difficult for you, but what an incredibly selfish thing to even suggest. If every one of the volunteers had that attitude the festival would literally collapse overnight and have to be shut down.

It was a completely "out of curiosity" question, as I am sure other people have thought about and have asked in the past. Luckily I have my ticket and would never dream of doing the aforementioned, but it's something I have often wondered. There must be a fair number of people who volunteer and get a little too tuned in and miss their shifts as well surely?

with these voluntary tickets what's to stop an individual signing up to volunteer and then just not working any shifts once they are inside the festival. i understand you pay a deposit which the price of a ticket?, so i'm sure many people wouldn't mind losing this deposit money if they had been unsuccessful in the general sale, as a means of getting inside the festival? always wondered this!

You go on a blacklist after the fest and for this reason alot of the deposits are higher than the ticket price now.

You have to hand over your passport/ID too. So it's not just the deposit you will be loosing.

Wouldn't hand my passport over to anyone, very surprised at this as I am not sure they are allowed to do that. I do know that catching volunteer runaways is a good game for security and the record is three minutes, photos are circulated around and they like catching people!

• 1 month later...

Anyone that has volunteered before, are there any food stands open on the Monday and Tuesday before the festival starts?

There are a limited number, but enough for you to find something. There's also a vegi cafe within Tom's field, which primarily dishes out the coupon food for the recyclers. You can buy the food, though I think the cash value they put on the meals is high compared to the better commercial staffs out in the festival. I do eat there (but only because the food is effectively free for me) but it means you can get something to eat on your tent's doorstep if, as stated above, you are camping in Tom's Field.