Green Man Festival 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metronomy were 'Special Guests TBA' in 2012 but only because they were contracted to Latitude...not sure if there's any festivals between now and GM that would cause a similar situation.

Could somebody from Festival Number 6 or End Of The Road be possible?

Do they sell gear like tents and wellies onsite like at Glastonbury? I know there's an option to have a pre-pitched tent, but it's really expensive. I'll be flying in from Copenhagen and then taking a train straight to Wales, so I won't have any time to go shopping beforehand.

Do they sell gear like tents and wellies onsite like at Glastonbury? I know there's an option to have a pre-pitched tent, but it's really expensive. I'll be flying in from Copenhagen and then taking a train straight to Wales, so I won't have any time to go shopping beforehand.

yeah, they have a camping shop

but the Tangerine fields 2 man tent is only £70, dunno how much a tent will be at the shop.

Edited by POKERDUDE

Word. I think I'll just get one pre-pitched, then. May be worth extra to not have to set it up right after catching a plane, train, then bus.

Do they sell wellies in the camping shop?

I'd imagine so, I've never needed wellies at greenman tho ;)

I'm also travelling by train/plane/automobile, tangerine fields is a no brainer.

Edited by POKERDUDE

Hi all, this may be a long shot but I'm gona keep trying. But I'm looking for one, two if possible, adult tickets for Green Man festival

If anyone is selling tickets or can no longer go, have cash waiting!!

Please get in touch 0 7 8 0 5 5 7 7 3 8 0

Thanks

Been poking around on Twitter and Facebook for some last minute schedule info. So regarding Father John Misty and Courtney Barnett, "they may crossover slightly." Also, the daily breakdown is supposed to drop tomorrow. In the meantime, here's the current list:

Thursday:
Leftfield
Dan Deacon
Gwenno

Friday:
Hot Chip (Mountain)
Hot Chip DJ (Far Out after dark)
Atomic Bomb!
Calexico?
Mew
Villagers
Temples
Natalie Prass
The Leisure Society
Viet Cong
The 2 Bears (Far Out after dark)
Emmy the Great
Strand of Oaks
Alasdair Roberts
Kiran Leonard
Hunck (12:00 Mountain)

Saturday:
Super Furry Animals (Mountain)
Charles Bradley (Mountain)
Patrick Watson (walled garden)
The Fall
The Staves
Jamie XX (Far Out after dark)
White Fence
Teleman
Hookworms
Wave Pictures
Songhoy Blues
Sturgill Simpson
Steve Gunn
Hannah Lou Clark (Walled Garden)
Jane Weaver
Vok
The Drink
Richard Dawson
This Is the Kit
Grindrinker (12:00 Cinedrome)
Towel (12:40 Cinedrome)
Gulp (13:20 Cinedrome)
Lovely Eggs (14:20 Cinedrome)
Stealing Sheep (15:20 Cinedrome)
The Left Outsides (11:30 Mountain)

Sunday:
St. Vincent (Mountain)
Father John Misty (Mountain)
Courtney Barnett (Far Out)
Public Service Broadcasting
Matthew E White
Beyond the Wizard's Sleeve (Far Out after dark)
All We Are
Sylvan Esso
Son Lux
Owen Pallett
Black Yaya
Ultimate Painting
Steve Gunn
Palace
The Pictish Trail and Sweet Baboo
Cameron A G (Green Man Rising)
Wide Skies (Walled Garden)
Edited by Bort

Good digging, Bort! Not many priorities on Sunday other than Owen Pallett, so it looks like I could be clear of a clash (although if he clashes with FJM I'll be pissed off, because I loved his Glastonbury show and would love to see it again). Doesn't look like we know when The Antlers are playing yet, they're a big one for me, so I hope there're no clashes there. I wonder who'll headline Far Out against the Super Furries, could it be Goat?

Judging from previous clashfinders, it varies. 

So I'm staying at the Abergavenny Hotel on the 19th and will take a shuttle to the fest the next morning. I had a question about trains and coaches.

Why is a one-way pass on the National Express the same price as a roundtrip? I can't do National Express both ways since I'm spending Wednesday in Abergavenny, and on Monday morning I'd rather go straight to London and then catch a ride to the airport rather than doing a shuttle and then a train with a transfer. Mainly because I'll be passed out on the bus, likely. 

I listened to Viet Cong loads at the start of the year, then sort of forgot about them in amongst the tidal wave of releases since. I was in Fopp in Manchester the other day, and they were playing the album, it all came flooding back how great it was and how excited I am so see them. Them being in the initial announcement was definitely a big factor in me purchasing my tickets, I was playing that album a lot around that time.