The "Ryan Adams is awesome and should play Glasto" thread

Justiceforcedave

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very pleased to see him close the festival (for me at least). I was gutted when he pulled out of his Sunday headline spot on the JPT in 2005, so it's a nice booking. 2005 was the last time I went with my best friend to Glasto (I've been a few times since but that was his one and only time), so it's a nice coincidence. The 2005 booking cancellation was especially gutting as I'd been at a roundtable discussion with Emily Eavis that year and she'd asked who we would like to see play and I'd mentioned Ryan Adams.

• 2 weeks later...

Not knowing much about RA - will he do an acoustic or electric set at the park do you think? Or a mixture?

He'll be with his band, i imagine. The shining. But he does do Winding Wheel Solo acoustic in his sets at the moment. I was surprised he didnt another set on the acoustic stage like jake bugg.

electric, he's touring with a full band at the moment.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2mj8hy

Nice one for posting that. He sounds ace! "Let It Ride" is such a CHOON.

Cheers guys, I'll check out those vids later - I want to go see Goat and trying to work out whether to stay for RA or try and catch last half of the Who or Chems

I'll be at goat so currently deciding whether to leg it after to catch an hour of chemics or who or stay up there and watch him. Considering I don't really know that much of his stuff.

I've yet to see him play aswell.

This is the setlist from most recent half-dozen shows. Gorgeous stuff. On a balmy evening this is the perfect end to the weekend for me.

http://open.spotify.com/user/corway/playlist/14Syks9sFxYNl2Ybh3dtnb