Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

The Cure, Massive attack, Kanye West, Underworld, Beck, 2manyDJs, Nero however are all causes for positivity.

I meant Netsky, not Nero. always someone like that closing.

The Cure I don't mind in doses, Massive Attack are boring as fuck live. Underworld and Beck I'd be alright with.

Other options off the top of my head could be Morrissey, Basement Jaxx and fingers crossed, the Strokes.

Chic have announced a show at Hyde Park so they're a tiny possibility. I'd book my ticket on them alone.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Lowlands names:

Ben Howard (also announced for Rock Werchter)

Major Lazer

The Chemical Brothers (also announced for Rock Werchter)

Passenger

Bastille

Caribou

Django Django

Bear's Den

Jose Gonzalez

Alestorm

Four Tet

MARCEL DETTMANN

Enter Shikari

The Districts

Shovels and Rope

Mighty Oaks

Bit underwhelming, that.

I've got complete faith that, come August, the PKP organisers will once again have pulled together a stellar line up. Think a lot of the names mentioned here may well make an appearance, along with the odd curve ball they like to occasionally throw in!

Not sure what to make of the Lowlands announcement. Pretty certain Caribou, Four Tet and Django Django will all play but not convinced about Ben Howard or The Chemical Brothers. Putting aside the fact they're both playing RW, Lowlands and PKP seem to have made a concerted effort in the last few years to have different line ups, particularly at the top of the bill. When I first started going, they pretty much had identical line ups from top to bottom but that hasn't been the case so much of late. Skrillex played RW and Lowlands last year but not PKP and my worry is the Chems will do the same this year.

Anyway, reckon we will get Sleaford Mods, Slaves, Chet Faker, Hudson Mohawke, Run the Jewels, Ten Walls, Babes in Toyland, DFA1979, Interpol, Sun Kil Moon, Gorgon City (live), and Spiritualized.

Isn't looking good for PKP... :(

I really don't see a reason to worry. Each year Rock Werchter books a massive lineup, yet Pukkelpop is living up to expectations as well.

We shouldn't be focusing on those bands RW is booking, because half of them probably weren't even going to be around in August. Instead let's wait what Leeds+Reading/Rock En Seine/Sziget will bring us in the next weeks. And let's not forget that Lollapalooza Berlin at the start of September might bring an extra impulse of big names for late Summer!

Good to see Hot Chip knocking around on the festival scene again. We seem to get them in some form or other every other year at PP and wouldn't be surprised to see them announced. One of my favourite live bands.

Looking at other bands doing festivals, The Pixies are very much a PP type band, I think Tame Impala and Rudimental will play. Jack White is still my main bet for a headline slot and you never know, Neil Young could always make up for missing PP 2013. The Strokes are doing a few gigs now and that looks like it would be 3 gigs for the price of one with Albert Hammond Jnr and Julian Casablancas doing solo gigs a la Primavera Sound. Fingers crossed. Looking at it, the Primavera line up with a few more big names would be great for me.

Bit too early to be writing it off just yet.

Good to see Hot Chip knocking around on the festival scene again. We seem to get them in some form or other every other year at PP and wouldn't be surprised to see them announced. One of my favourite live bands.

Looking at other bands doing festivals, The Pixies are very much a PP type band, I think Tame Impala and Rudimental will play. Jack White is still my main bet for a headline slot and you never know, Neil Young could always make up for missing PP 2013. The Strokes are doing a few gigs now and that looks like it would be 3 gigs for the price of one with Albert Hammond Jnr and Julian Casablancas doing solo gigs a la Primavera Sound. Fingers crossed. Looking at it, the Primavera line up with a few more big names would be great for me.

Bit too early to be writing it off just yet.

Too right Dave, there's still loads of options available and that's just the ones we currently know are out and about around that time. Whatever happens, there'll 100% be some quality DJs in the Boiler, the Dance Hall will go off as per usual and at least one night in the Castello will be filled with top notch House music. Bring it on!!!

Speaking of which, couple of very decent looking UK festivals were announced today. Wildlife down in Brighton is quality from top to bottom and Lost Village in Lincolnshire has a whole stack of DJs I'd love to see at PKP. Might be able to swing a pass for one day of Wildlife so I can meet up with an old friend I've not seen for a while. Haven't really had a proper blow out since PKP (Christmas aside) so would be a great way to kick off the summer.

IGGY POP, FAUVE,METRONOMY, OSCAR & THE WOLF, BALTHAZAR, LA ROUX,

ERLEND OYE, TINIE TEMPAH, LA SMALA, BAXTER DURY, SLEAFORD MODS, SLOW MAGIC, WOODS

All announcements for Les Ardentes Festival. Looking at the last couple of years line ups there's not much the two festivals have shared so that would rule most of the above out. I thought La Roux in particular would have been a high possibility for PP.

Wondered if they were going to do any festivals this summer but the confirmation for R&L must make Rebel Sound a strong contender for Main Stage closer at PKP. Fingers crossed that comes in!

No surprise about Mumfords, that's as good as confirmed now (unless other festivals that weekend have got in first).

http://www.greenman.net/

Hot Chip and Saint Vincent announced amongst others for Green Man. Think we'll definitely get Hot Chip again and would be great to have St Vincent back although they did play last year so doubtful unless they play the main stage.

Father John Misty would be a great addition as well.

I'd be very happy if Hot Chip come back.

From that annoucement I'd also love to see Charles Bradley return. He was a highlight of 2012 for me.

As for Mumfords, I can take them or leave them. But I suspect if they do turn up, then I'll have to take them regardless, just to keep Mrs Trufflehound happy.

Too right Dave, there's still loads of options available and that's just the ones we currently know are out and about around that time. Whatever happens, there'll 100% be some quality DJs in the Boiler, the Dance Hall will go off as per usual and at least one night in the Castello will be filled with top notch House music. Bring it on!!!

Speaking of which, couple of very decent looking UK festivals were announced today. Wildlife down in Brighton is quality from top to bottom and Lost Village in Lincolnshire has a whole stack of DJs I'd love to see at PKP. Might be able to swing a pass for one day of Wildlife so I can meet up with an old friend I've not seen for a while. Haven't really had a proper blow out since PKP (Christmas aside) so would be a great way to kick off the summer.

Wildlife has sold out.