God

Guest Yoghurt on a Stick

Maybe God does exist, but is fallible.

Maybe God was working on the world like a hobbyist, then went off to work on another world and got rather engrossed and forgot to finish this world off (which certain schools of thought would argue that he ought). Maybe God just sets up lots of little worlds with differing start off points, just to observe the variances in what happens to those worlds over time.

Maybe God is time.

There's just far far too many maybe's. Maybe.

God was created in man's image.

I thought it was a case of mankind was created in God's own image - Genesis 1:27

Was a comment about how the traditional god is a friendly old father figure that dictates rules and books in languages we speak and makes laws that benefit the society it corresponds with, because it's dreamed up by humans to make sense of scary scary infinity.

Was a comment about how the traditional god is a friendly old father figure that dictates rules and books in languages we speak and makes laws that benefit the society it corresponds with, because it's dreamed up by humans to make sense of scary scary infinity.

I think if God exists then it's a force rather than an old fatherly figure. Something like nature or time, but infinitely more spell binding than those two alone. I'd quite like to be shown that there is a God, but just not quite yet.

I think if God exists then it's a force rather than an old fatherly figure. Something like nature or time, but infinitely more spell binding than those two alone. I'd quite like to be shown that there is a God, but just not quite yet.

The only God I could stomach would be one with a warped sense of humour. Imagine the fun s/he could have with atheists. You'd never be able to convince them they were actually dead and not hallucinating, for one thing.

The only God I could stomach would be one with a warped sense of humour. Imagine the fun s/he could have with atheists. You'd never be able to convince them they were actually dead and not hallucinating, for one thing.

That's your trouble with your atheist - they never know what deity it is from one day to another.

Oh, how foresighted of you, you have already got my coat ready for me. How very thoughtful.

That's your trouble with your atheist - they never know what deity it is from one day to another.

Oh, how foresighted of you, you have already got my coat ready for me. How very thoughtful.

I like that line, i'm going to file it away for future use (you'll never be able t prove plagiarism)