2015 Wishlist

teamdobby

Well I don't think you can ever rule them out :sarcastic:

As I said earlier though, I doubt Kili being involved in this festival will mean rebranding across all of Europe. Though we'll see. but I'd imagine this hints there will be a touring festival of some sorts next year, whether that includes the UK or not though I'm unsure. I think France is making a comeback after some issues with events (in general) and the mayor of the region which lead to 2013/14 being scrapped there. I know the promoter involved with it said that due to someone new being in charge they are looking to run it again. I'd hazard a guess at Slipknot doing most of the EU ones, but with them at Rock Am Ring, I'm not sure if it's likely they'll be at Green Hell in Germany.

• 2 weeks later...

As I said earlier though, I doubt Kili being involved in this festival will mean rebranding across all of Europe.

Kili have been bought out, it's not a case of them being involved - they're now open to a bigger pool of acts

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/touring/6084757/germanys-deag-buys-51-stake-in-uks-kilimanjaro-live

Edited by 5co77ie

Yeah I know that, however they are still Kili Live, operating in a similar fashion and have their own logo on the Green Hell posters and on their own things, so while DEAG owns 51% of them, they haven't been amalgamated into DEAG which was what I meant, albeit not worded very well. My point was this new festival in Germany might be tied into the euro festival tour, if there is a sonisphere or something similar next summer across Europe, but I doubt they'd rebrand across all of Europe to Green Hell. Though I might be wrong on that one! Maybe the press release tomorrow will shed a bit of light, though I reckon if they want to make a big success of this German festival they will keep it separate in brand from Sonisphere as it has had mixed success across Europe. Though I do think some co-branding (ticket deals like they ran for Sonisphere/NovaRock in the past) and/or booking similar bands and a bit of co-branding might happen.

I've seen this pointed out where somebody complained about a lineup consisting of Muse, Kiss, Metallica, Judas Priest, Faith No More, Limp Bizkit and Incubus. None of those non-headline acts cropped up on the latest RAR announcement so there might be some stock to what they've said. That (or mostly that) would do alright at Sonisphere wouldn't it? Despite it being a mix of Muse, 2012 and 2014. Though I'm jumping the gun in assuming these bands would do both 5 weeks apart because they're owned by the same people.

Edited by dentalplan

I'd have thought so. Faith No More weren't an unpopular booking and with a new album out - though couldn't see both them and Kiss back, not at least in the same year. Incubus, Bizkit, Judas priest would make up good undercard. Muse and Kiss would be decent headliners too. A lot of the issues with soni 2012 did stem from Adam Lambert, but also the fact they announced in February, around 4+ months after Download who had a very very strong line up that year, so if it's announced in good time, and Download isn't offering a mammoth line up in comparison, I can see them doing well enough with some or most of that.

I've seen this pointed out where somebody complained about a lineup consisting of Muse, Kiss, Metallica, Judas Priest, Faith No More, Limp Bizkit and Incubus. None of those non-headline acts cropped up on the latest RAR announcement so there might be some stock to what they've said. That (or mostly that) would do alright at Sonisphere wouldn't it? Despite it being a mix of Muse, 2012 and 2014. Though I'm jumping the gun in assuming these bands would do both 5 weeks apart because they're owned by the same people.

I think that'd do absolutely fine, especially with Muse being there bringing in a more mainstream audience.

I believe it was more down to complications with the signings and it taken a lot longer than it should have. Kiss were rumoured from September, but dropped their euro tour completely after signing up to a few, then ended up signing on as an exclusive euro show later down the line (guessing more money was thrown at them due to a lack of options) - I'm guessing other bands were chased in the mean time but considering how big Download was that year there wasn't much else available. Queen and Faith No More signed up around November time. If things hadn't gone a bit pearshaped they probably would have been ready to announce at the usual time of December - though this discussion has been done to death over the years.

Though that wasn't my point, obviously it takes as long as it takes, but if they can't get it organised before December (when the competition can), then it'll have a big effect, they've realised this and stated since they'll always aim to have it all in the bag by December, didn't manage it for 2013 which was canned, did for 2014 which then happened. We'll find out in coming weeks anyway, Soni 2014's announcement was end of November with bands first week of December, so if it's happening it'll be then.

why Green? I've been thinking why green? Green Hell? Green Day perhaps?

Rock In Vienna is another DEAG festival ran on the same weekend. It's announced Kiss, Metallica, Muse, Incubus, Faith No More, Limp Bizkit, Body Count and Testament.

Green Hell's press conference is starting now, but same weekend, same people, so it should be these + some more I guess, maybe minus body count as Rock Am Ring has them.

Rock In Vienna is another DEAG festival ran on the same weekend. It's announced Kiss, Metallica, Muse, Incubus, Faith No More, Limp Bizkit, Body Count and Testament.

Green Hell's press conference is starting now, but same weekend, same people, so it should be these + some more I guess, maybe minus body count as Rock Am Ring has them.

Rock in Vienna? Hadn't heard of that. They've got 'Rockavaria' as well that weekend. Putting these acts through the wringer here.

Edited by dentalplan

Rockavaria is the sister festival to Green Hell. It's basically the Rock Im Park to Rock Am Ring. Leeds to Reading etc... so will have a similar if not identical line up. Rock in Vienna is a different DEAG festival in Austria, but will obviously have similar acts. Does make you think where else they have planned. They did talk about buying Kili live to get a "foot in the UK".