Naked camping

Guest stardustjunkie

Did anyone else notice the nudist camp in the Tipi field? They made a really poor effort to cover their camping with netting etc, and if you were sat at the top of the hill you could see it all clear as day. At one point there was a woman on a swing, it was really difficult not to notice.

Fair play to them, doesn't bother me if someone wants to camp naked. I'm just wondering how on earth that camp came to be? It was obviously an exclusive camp, but I've never heard of or seen it before. They all had tipis by the looks of it. Is this an older tradition that I've never noticed before? Have these people being doing it years and get tickets because of it?

I'm just curious because although it doesn't surprise me, it wasn't quite the view I was expecting :)

Edited by stardustjunkie

It's the Sauna in the tipi fields. Got showing around it on friday afternoon and got a bit of an eyeful myself. I think it was a tener in and they have their own area with live music, a plunge pool and refreshments. Not my cupatea but nice to see it as it fits more with the original glato experience rather than being in an overcrowded after hours techno hell fucked of your face on MDMA.

This post makes me laugh! Yes, it's the Sauna. It's strange to hear that you were surprised by this as when I stated going it wasn't uncommon to see naked people all through the festival. I think it was about 2003 apparently the police started threatening naked people in the festival and since then the festival has also changed a lot.

Its called Lost Horizons Sauna.

And its a godsend to some of us who have crazy jobs.

Its basically a clothing optional retreat from the festival buzz.

With a sauna, showers, cafe, live bands, DJ's, hammocks, 2 fire pits, changing yurt etc.

I met many many wonderful people there.

Its very natural and non-sexual by the way.

It was £25 for a week pass to Horizons and I loved it... They were even open on the Monday albeit the sauna was not on yet but we could shower every day (cold shower though) and it was brilliant drying off naked either in a hammock or next to a fire. Really no sexual undertones whatsoever... They've been there for many years so I'm surprised the OP only noticed it now!

We went into Lost Horizons on the Wednesday paying the £10 for just the once and then as we left paid the additional £15 so we could have the passes. Really refreshing thing to do. Their sauna was better than the permanant one at my local swimming pool.

We went into Lost Horizons on the Wednesday paying the £10 for just the once and then as we left paid the additional £15 so we could have the passes. Really refreshing thing to do. Their sauna was better than the permanant one at my local swimming pool.

That would imply that people who choose to go naked in public are offended if people see them. Not very likely.

A few festivals ago being naked was in the Fine Guide as one of the top 30 (or was it 50?) things to do at the festival. That same year security hassled anyone they saw doing it and threatened to kick them off the site.

Nothing to do with camera phones at all.

There's that photo going around which is supposed to be from Glastonbury (but isn't) of a kid looking shocked by a naked man. The media just love it don't they... Good on the Lost Horizons group, and anyone else for that matter who wants to wander about the site without clothes. You're braver than I am :)

• 8 years later...
On 7/3/2014 at 8:24 AM, Craig_G said:

This post makes me laugh! Yes, it's the Sauna. It's strange to hear that you were surprised by this as when I stated going it wasn't uncommon to see naked people all through the festival. I think it was about 2003 apparently the police started threatening naked people in the festival and since then the festival has also changed a lot.

2 minutes ago, Robert Evans said:

The law changed in 2006 it is now no longer an offence to be completely naked in public, providing its totally none sexual, behaviour is absolute key, and also that your intentions are not to intend to upset or offend or cause anyone distress, 

You can freely and legally be naked in public, providing there is no sexual element the police cannot take any action against you.

• Upvote 1