Pixies?

Guest Yesiamaduck

Yay or nay?

A huge yay from me.

I was so worried they'd suck live especially after the middling Field Day and Primevera reviews. Managed to get a great spot rally easily (about 9lines back) I thought the setlist was fantastic and with the exception of Bagboy (which felt really flat) I think the crowd reactions of the live renditions of Magdelena and Greens & Blues were both very strong and both well received and didn't sound out of place with the 'classic' material at all.

The crowd clearly loved it and it was great to be up front and singing with so many Pixies fans, the was a great sense of community up front for them with strangers openly talking to each other before and after the gig and hugging each other during 'Where Is My Mind' and dancing with each other during 'Debaser' sharing their drinks and drugs it was the most amazing crowd I think I've had the pleasure to be in during an Other Stage gig.

I realize the crowd may have coloured my opinion but that set could've only been better if Gigantic was on the setlist and Frank Black had his old voice.

Agree totally

Second only to Arcade fire for me

I was halfway between mixing desk and front and as you say everyone was singing every word and getting really into it,People near me were quite emotional and europhic at the end of it( as was i). Band seemed to enjoy it too and setlist was spot on.

Definite highlight

hearing how great they were makes me so so sad that i didn't see them. at the time i wasn't even thinking about them as i was loving Jack White / Metallica so much but when i saw my friend later she told me how incredible they were and it suddenly hit me; 'shit, i've just missed the fucking Pixies'. really hope they do something like headline Bestival in the next few years (seems likely, right?) so i get to see them

Yeah, they really brought it home, I was silly and sat right at the very back with a curry because I wasn't expecting much. There was a startling amount of Pixies die-hard packing out the field, so much love in the atmosphere, I developed a strong grudge against the curry for holding me back.

Yeah, they really brought it home, I was silly and sat right at the very back with a curry because I wasn't expecting much. There was a startling amount of Pixies die-hard packing out the field, so much love in the atmosphere, I developed a strong grudge against the curry for holding me back.

I agree with previous comments; I thought they were amazing.

I loved the Saturday night. We were at the edge of the Pyramid stage as Jack White started to play Seven Nation Army and were clear of the crowd as the song finished. We managed to get to Other Stage in fifteen minutes and so saw all of the Pixies set, lucky as they started with Bone Machine. One of our group loves Metallica and so after the Pixies we went back main stage. Found myself impressed with their set (even though I don't know much of their music) and Enter the Sandman was brilliant.

Anyway Seven Nation Army, Debaser and Enter the Sandman all in one night..... Glastonbury rocked :-)

The Pixies were bloody amazing. But then I bloody love em and have been thoroughly overexcited about the whole thing since it was rumoured.

If I can nitpick, I'd have liked em to play Head On, Is She Weird and Alec Eiffel, but I got u-mass and caribou - and where is my mind was bloody MIND BLOWING - the bird in front even praised my woo

(I'll confess, my voice was nice and warmed up, and my woos were pretty fuckin ace - it's nice to get public recognition though, my missus tutted at me for being a dickhead

The Pixies were bloody amazing. But then I bloody love em and have been thoroughly overexcited about the whole thing since it was rumoured.

If I can nitpick, I'd have liked em to play Head On, Is She Weird and Alec Eiffel, but I got u-mass and caribou - and where is my mind was bloody MIND BLOWING - the bird in front even praised my woo

(I'll confess, my voice was nice and warmed up, and my woos were pretty fuckin ace - it's nice to get public recognition though, my missus tutted at me for being a dickhead )

Meh from me.

I'm a massive fan, but I've seen them 7 or 8 times now and I think that's enough for me. They were decent enough, but seem to have gotten a lot darker and less fun since Kim left. Just didn't have that spark for me anymore, and I don't get that "OMG IT'S THE FRICKING PIXIES!!!!" like I used to. They're one of those bands who have toured so much over the last 10 years that everyone who's wanted to see them has seen them (multiple times).

The first few times were nothing short of magical. Glad others had that buzz!

Edited by fowls

what makes missing Pixies so much worse for me is that my friend watched Pixies and then walked over to the Pyramid and Metallica hadn't started yet. devastating. obviously there's no way i'd be able to predict the delay but it's disheartening to know that i could've seen Jack White, Pixies and Metallica, all one after the other, all in one night

what makes missing Pixies so much worse for me is that my friend watched Pixies and then walked over to the Pyramid and Metallica hadn't started yet. devastating. obviously there's no way i'd be able to predict the delay but it's disheartening to know that i could've seen Jack White, Pixies and Metallica, all one after the other, all in one night

I just watched the bbc footage of this and they completely buggered the sound. Was really looking forward to rewatching it as they sounded brilliant, but joeys guitar and franks mic are waaaay too loud, with the bass and drums really quiet, and can barely hear the crowd singing along.