an election where your vote counts

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25% turnout with just me voting in the house...but thats ok as I reckon my mum and dad would have voted UKIP :P

Went for Greens in the Euro election, The Green candidate for my first choice in the local mayor election and labour (the only time I do as I quite like Robin Wales) for my 2nd pref vote.

My local councillors consisted of selecting 3 from 1 labour, 1 UKIP, 4 Conservatives and 5 Christian Peoples Alliance candidates ...went and spoiled that one :P

You just voted for a party that recently exterminated a million Semites. You know, like how those Nazis of UKIP would like to. Well, you just voted for the actual Nazis.

Unless, of course, the extermination of uncountable Semitic people of a silly foreign religion by a dishonest Roman Catholic orator is somehow not comparable with the extermination of uncountable Semitic people of a silly foreign religion by a dishonest Roman Catholic orator. Because if not, vote Labour with pride.

As I am in Scotland, I hope we can maintain our splendid tradition of Ukip winning naff all!

So far England has that splendid tradition too - it's not like a local councillor can get the UK out of Europe :lol: - but Scotland has its own but different right wing nationalists who sweep the board, and have garnered their support by the same rabble-rousing of everything being the fault of those nasty outsiders.

But mostly - as with the SNP - it's mostly an otherwise meaningless "none of the above" vote. Anyone who reads votes for either as meaning heartfelt support of their policies is being mighty daft.

Your argument is Good Aids, Bad Aids.

There are Good Reasons to exterminate a million Semites, and Bad Reasons to exterminate a million Semites, and the difference is highly important to white Labour-supporting apologists everywhere.

More important to people like you, clearly. :lol:

I'm no apologist for Labour, I'm a working brain. Hopefully you can join me, and then the world might stand a chance of living up to the morality you're suggesting but without the gross stupidity you put alongside it.

Edited by eFestivals

So far England has that splendid tradition too - it's not like a local councillor can get the UK out of Europe :lol: - but Scotland has its own but different right wing nationalists who sweep the board, and have garnered their support by the same rabble-rousing of everything being the fault of those nasty outsiders.

But mostly - as with the SNP - it's mostly an otherwise meaningless "none of the above" vote. Anyone who reads votes for either as meaning heartfelt support of their policies is being mighty daft.

...Yawns...

well, yeah :lol: ... you NEED tpo pretend that England voting UKIP means one thing while Scotland voting SNP means another, else the justification you tell yourself for voting yes evaporates.

And yet the facts get to show - from asking those people - that for very many of those people, they're voting UKIP or SNP for all the same reasons.

Most of the UKIP supporters I've ever encountered were ex-military. Anecdotal I know, but there y'go.

but people aren't necessarily voting for them because they support UKIP policies, but for other reasons entirely.

You know, *EXACTLY* the same as happened when the SNP on their SG "landslide" with less than 25% of the possible vote.

Large scale tactical voting would seem to indicate a degree of political sophistication by the electorate. That can't be right, you had me convinced otherwise. :)

is voting for UKIP or the SNP only because they're not the mainstream parties "tactical voting", or is it just stupidity?

Tactical voting is, in my mind, about trying to create the best result out of difficult real-world circumstances - and I doubt there's really that many who would consider UKIP* having power instead of other parties "the best result".

(* note that there's no SNP included in that part. That should make you happy. :P).

...I wonder how a more enlightened political nation where parties come from a wide political spectrum and have various agendas from the environment to civil liberties, security and data protections, persoanal and virtual liberty, to fiscal and economic standpoints think of our political system?

Looking it last night's polling options here it was merely a case of how racist are you?

Very -BNP

Quite - UKIP

Europe hating - Independence From Europe

Fascist - Tory

Liberal - Liberal Dems

SDP - Liberal

Dont care - Green

Don't Care - Labour

Do we not have any other base of political standing in Europe other than how much we hate being there? The top three don't actually want the jobs that people vote them into - that's great irony that is.

Edited by 5co77ie

Unless your calendar is missing the years 2003 to 2011 I fail to see how you could have not noticed the Labour Party exterminating Semites but the hundreds of thousands in Iraq.

you forgot to include the tories and LibDumbs in your analysis, as they have equal responsibility for the action (actually, greater for the tories).

Anyone might think you had an agenda. Did UKIP appreciate getting your vote? :P

But then again, according to the British voting public, it's far less of a moral crime to exterminate Muslim Semites than Jewish Semites. So that's something in your favour.

And according to stupid, war and genocide are the same thing.

But you already knew that, didn't you. Perhaps there's a link? :P

Not just the UK. I was reading an article that suggests the same gains are going to be made by euro skeptics in France, Denmark, Poland and Finland.. If the results are repeated next time the skeptics will have the biggest voting block in the EU.

Not just the UK. I was reading an article that suggests the same gains are going to be made by euro skeptics in France, Denmark, Poland and Finland.. If the results are repeated next time the skeptics will have the biggest voting block in the EU.

it's a political certainty that follows austerity, that the fruit cakes get all the votes, look at 1934 - there's no way in these more historically aware times we'd get a depression, followed by a European wide rise in conservative-fascism, and arguments about one country invading another! Oh wait hang on....