2014 Looking for an answer or advice

Guest ramragon

Tipis can leak if it rains as they are open at the top. They do have rain catchers to run the water outside but they are not always 100% successful. Rain can also run down the poles and then drip rather than running all the way to the ground. On the plus side you have more head room. You should be able to stand up in a six man bell tent but probably in a smaller area than a tipi.

If it was me, I'd go for a bell tent - it normally rains at some point over the weekend.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we've decided just to wing it with a bell tent and risk the moisture if we brush the sides. It's going to be a cosy weekend anyway and we plan to having way too much fun to worry too much about waking up with damp noses :) Thanks for all the tips. Can't wait till August!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a map of the site anywhere? I love poring over any map, but festival maps are the besr :-F

Hi, first time at KC and, like bexj, would dearly love to have a look at a map of the site. If there isn't a 2014 version surely someone has a 2013 one they can post on here

Hi there. My wife and i will be attending kendal for the first time this year and we cant wait. As Kendal virgins we have a couple of questions:-

How far from the car park is it to the campsite and can you make multiple journeys or is it a case of once your in, your not allowed back out?

We cant decide whether to come on Thursday night or early Friday morning, what would everyone suggest?

Cheers

Alright chap. Walk from the carpark to campsite is very short, especially compared to bigger festivals...say about 10/15 minutes tops depending on where you camp. You can go back to your car. Think one year there was talk about not letting people to do multiple booze trips though. Would recommend going Thursday night, worth the extra cash. You get camped up nice and early, get a good chance to have a look round and have a couple of beers.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Hi there. My wife and i will be attending kendal for the first time this year and we cant wait. As Kendal virgins we have a couple of questions:-

How far from the car park is it to the campsite and can you make multiple journeys or is it a case of once your in, your not allowed back out?

We cant decide whether to come on Thursday night or early Friday morning, what would everyone suggest?

Cheers

Think Lippys got everything covered but wanted to add that Craig Charles is doing his DJ thing on the Thursday night. Think it will be quality but not sure how easy it will be to get a Thursday ticket now. You will have a great time mate.

Alright chap. Walk from the carpark to campsite is very short, especially compared to bigger festivals...say about 10/15 minutes tops depending on where you camp. You can go back to your car. Think one year there was talk about not letting people to do multiple booze trips though. Would recommend going Thursday night, worth the extra cash. You get camped up nice and early, get a good chance to have a look round and have a couple of beers.

That's great. A friend has been and made out it was a trek so we were a bit worried especially with it just being the 2 of us. If you can go back to your car that would be great. I definitely like the idea of the Thursday night so I think I'll see if there are tickets still available. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, looking for some advice, we got pod pads (glamping I guess) just wondered if there's decent showers etc there??

You should be fine. Not sure if you have to use the ones in Emperors or have your own...but you'll be able to have a shower. Might mean getting up very early on the morning you decide you want one. Don't do it every day though..you're at a festival. Wet wipes the rest of the weekend.

We were in the Deer Lodge and the Mrs used the showers which were in the Emperors last year. She just got up earlyish so no queues and was pleasantly surprised how decent they were.

Don't know who she was trying to impress though, I just had a quick once over with a baby wipe and turned my duds inside out. She is a lucky girl.