fancy dress theme announcement

Guest bottonrob

Still personally never got in the spirit of the fancy dress yet, did suggest the possibility to my 13 year old daughter last year who gave me a withering glare and stomped off. Think it does add loads to the festival and makes it fun, never been the dressy up type myself though.

my other daughter will be 18 months by then and significantly easier to persuade to get dressed up than 'the moody one' ! Who knows, might give it a shot this yr

first year we came (2012) we didn't bother,mainly because we just didn't know what the score was but seeing as loads did (40-60%? at a guess) we gave it a whirl last year. Admittedly the hardest part was,not convincing our 12 year old girl to join in but find her a costume that wasn't either too childish or slutty!

Pretty sure we'll be in dress up mode again this year.

Do the managers of this festival see a 'fancy dress' as more important to the music on show?

To me, music should come first announcement then any other things like this.

Are you who have paid for tickets only interested in a 'fancy dress' as well? It is strange to me, as in Germany we put the most impotance things first.

Even though ive heard its been dismissed i reckon it could be the flaming lips headlining, heres their write up for the official jodrell bank announcement -

They will bring their space-influenced alternative and ground-breaking rock music to this legendary Northern landmark. Hailing from Oklahoma City and founded by the eclectic Wayne Coyne, the band have been named as one of the ’50 Bands to See Before You Die’ (Q Magazine).

Famed for their elaborate live shows featuring costumes, balloons, puppets, video projections, complex stage light configurations, giant hands and frontman Wayne Coynes’ signature man-sized bubble,

Imagine a saturday night spaced theme fancy dress with them headlining.

Even though ive heard its been dismissed i reckon it could be the flaming lips headlining, heres their write up for the official jodrell bank announcement -

They will bring their space-influenced alternative and ground-breaking rock music to this legendary Northern landmark. Hailing from Oklahoma City and founded by the eclectic Wayne Coyne, the band have been named as one of the ’50 Bands to See Before You Die’ (Q Magazine).

Famed for their elaborate live shows featuring costumes, balloons, puppets, video projections, complex stage light configurations, giant hands and frontman Wayne Coynes’ signature man-sized bubble,

Imagine a saturday night spaced theme fancy dress with them headlining.

Edited by Flaminglippy

I mentioned somewhere that i wasnt sure if they would appeal to the mainstream crowd, theyre very popular, headlined the other stage at glastonbury and have a massive following worldwide. Only reason i think it could be a possibility is that they were the first act booked for jodrell bank which is ran by the people that organise KC, plus theyre one of the organisers favourite bands.

The appeal of them playing somewhere like jodrell is that people could buy tickets on the strength of them appearing, where as with kendal, who have probably sold around half the tickets already without an act being announced its a bit more risky. Kendal appeal to a mixed crowd but im sure a load of the potential audience will never have heard of them.