V Fest Announcement

Guest daniel.k

Yeah a video was nice and everything, but not really worth hyping up and locking the website with a placeholder. To put it in perspective, V, one of the most criticized festivals on the circuit for having 'chavvy' dance music, built up over a weeksworth of excitement for a video from last year...creamfields, a festival doing only dance music, made a video of last year within a few weeks of its finish and just released it without announcing it massively. V just needs to get things changed behind the scenes first I think. As much as I like it, it doesnt seem to have the right idea on announcements and timings and hype.

Line up wise I dont think I will criticize though, as long as it is pop and passenger is there ;)

Nah I won't criticise it either - and I got stabbed in the face last year! It is what it is..

Just sent out an email with the dates down as 16-17 August, just for those very very optimistically wondering if they were going to make it a three-day event this year.

Edited by Zac Quinn

That video served one purpose, to get people who have never been to a festival before, buy a ticket for V.

BTW the campsite footage, must have been taking VERY early on, did you see how much space was around the tents, HA HA HA!

It's a very cleverly made video.

EDIT - im still watching it

They also give the impression that you can have cans in the arena, from around 4.20 in the video

ALL footage apart from the crowd watching acts bits show very few people, like at all times when you aren't in the crowd watching an act you have shit loads of space all the time.

Its really very well made at giving you a completely WRONG impression.

Edited by luckysalt

That video served one purpose, to get people who have never been to a festival before, buy a ticket for V.

BTW the campsite footage, must have been taking VERY early on, did you see how much space was around the tents, HA HA HA!

It's a very cleverly made video.

EDIT - im still watching it

They also give the impression that you can have cans in the arena, from around 4.20 in the video

ALL footage apart from the crowd watching acts bits show very few people, like at all times when you aren't in the crowd watching an act you have shit loads of space all the time.

Its really very well made at giving you a completely WRONG impression.