V Fest Announcement

Guest daniel.k

• 2 weeks later...

There going to fit toilets in the middle of the crowds.....

Should save me getting my feet pissed on by some drunk 20 year old slapper.

The video takes the piss - V has the heaviest police presence on the gates busting as many as they can for weed but lets people take in bottles of vodka. The crowd last year were one of the worst I've had to put up with - loads of chavs & piss-heads. Made Oasis & Verve crowds seem civilized.

I only go as they always seem to be able to pull off a good lineup. Got my tickets on the original early-bird the week after last year's festival.

As for EDM - bring it on... I made the good decision of watching Steve-O instead of Beyonce at V and went for Skrillex at R&L over the mainstage act.

Edited by Penrhos

There going to fit toilets in the middle of the crowds.....

Should save me getting my feet pissed on by some drunk 20 year old slapper.

The video takes the piss - V has the heaviest police presence on the gates busting as many as they can for weed but lets people take in bottles of vodka. The crowd last year were one of the worst I've had to put up with - loads of chavs & piss-heads. Made Oasis & Verve crowds seem civilized.

I only go as they always seem to be able to pull off a good lineup. Got my tickets on the original early-bird the week after last year's festival.

As for EDM - bring it on... I made the good decision of watching Steve-O instead of Beyonce at V and went for Skrillex at R&L over the mainstage act.

This year will be my 4th V and the crowd & level of police searches seems to get worse each year.

Steve Angello played a good set, plenty of SHM tunes and the crowd lapped it up - better than waiting for Beyonce to actually turn up, I think she was 20 mins late and spent just as long offstage changing outfits. We were in the car in the queue to leave before she finished her set! Some friends watched her and said they wish they hadn't bothered.

Seen her twice before Hype > Reality. I don't pay to see someone mime & spend more time offstage than on. She's firmly on my miming blacklist with Maddona & Eminem.

Perhaps it was where we were stood (in front of the mixing desks) but a group of girls by us just squatted down to pee rather than wait until the gaps between bands to go to the toilets.

The toilets at V weren't that bad - go to download or Glasto for bad toilets!

I didnt think the police level was too bad, I saw one person being thrown out by security but that was all. I dont think she was miming, but she did sound good. If Beyonce wasnt there and it was someone like Killers or Kasabian I would have gone to see Steve.

Yeah I noticed a few people wanting to keep their position for they went to the toilet where they were

Have the Killers got an Album planned this year? Thought Brandon Flowers was doing solo stuff this year so wasn't really expecting them to be on the line up

Not totally bowled over by the line up and after going to last ten V festivals might give this a miss. Having said that Chic were superb at Glasto last year and would like to see them again

Have the Killers got an Album planned this year? Thought Brandon Flowers was doing solo stuff this year so wasn't really expecting them to be on the line up

Not totally bowled over by the line up and after going to last ten V festivals might give this a miss. Having said that Chic were superb at Glasto last year and would like to see them again