The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Just now, charlieharris23 said:

Also, 2018 is 3 years since Tyler has been banned from the UK (he was banned for 3-5 years). So, there’s maybe a slight chance of him being there 

Nah think his ban is still in place. He tweeted a month or two ago about how he misses London but he still can't go so I think he'd make a bigger deal about it when the ban is lifted.

How have people been thinking it's going to work then. If we're using dental's poster as an example would RB finish earlier than Florence or would they finish at the same time? Guess it does mean they can have more headline acts but imo I feel like if they do go ahead with this these acts will be weaker due to there being double the amount of them. Feel like it will take it's toll on the subs as well.

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

How have people been thinking it's going to work then. If we're using dental's poster as an example would RB finish earlier than Florence or would they finish at the same time? Guess it does mean they can have more headline acts but imo I feel like if they do go ahead with this these acts will be weaker due to there being double the amount of them. Feel like it will take it's toll on the subs as well.

Exactly, I’d prefer quality over quantity. It’s like in 2016 when they had one huge headliner and 4 smaller headliners. If they did do it one act would finish on one stage and then the other would start straight away on the other while the original stage sets up for the next act

Exactly, I’d prefer quality over quantity. It’s like in 2016 when they had one huge headliner and 4 smaller headliners. If they did do it one act would finish on one stage and then the other would start straight away on the other while the original stage sets up for the next act

Gotta say 2016 was a good year because of the quality on the other stages and Foals. If this happens I feel it's a move in the wrong direction but don't get me wrong i'm open to the idea if they pull it off correctly.

1 minute ago, charlieharris23 said:

Radio 1 are giving away R&L tickets at 8am tomorrow,. Considering they’ve annouced headliners in the past on the station, could they be announcing the line up tomorrow? 

There'd be way more publicity about it if they were. They usually announce the announcement like a solid week before it happens

Yeah they do but they also usually announce in December and they said early January, it’s now halfway through January 

they never said announcement early January 

1 minute ago, charlieharris23 said:

Do you think they're doing this as just a publicity stunt or do you think maybe a big act cancelled or something else happened which meant they had to postpone it?

I don't think it'sa either. It's just a different way of announcing acts. Before 2013, people had to wait till end of March to hear anyone (they got the whole poster announced at once).

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

So, hypothetically, with this dual main stage thing...

you're not getting it, if it's being done the same way it used to be done.

It's two stages side by side. The next band is set up on one while a band plays on the other; when the band finishes the audience shuffle sideways and it goes round again.

The running order would still be the running order, and they'd only be one headliner (unless they did a co-headliner thing as they've done recent years, but that wouldn't be anything about the stage set-up).

Just now, eFestivals said:

you're not getting it, if it's being done the same way it used to be done.

It's two stages side by side. The next band is set up on one while a band plays on the other; when the band finishes the audience shuffle sideways and it goes round again.

The running order would still be the running order, and they'd only be one headliner (unless they did a co-headliner thing as they've done recent years, but that wouldn't be anything about the stage set-up).

I did get the alternating stages thing. It’s just when loads of major acts were rattled off alongside that news, I assumed they might be taking advantage of the two stages and labelling each main stage headliner as a bona fide headliner. Essentially back in the day they would’ve put less marketing spin on it than they would now, is what I’m thinking.

10 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Within the poster, the part suggesting 6 headliners, 2 stages, 3 nights would be much larger if announcing it for a first time

TBH, I think they'd announce that as it's own standalone thing like a week before they announce any bands (like Creamfields did with Steel Yard whenever they built that, 2015?)

I’ve been having a (not too in-depth) think and thought that if they have two main stages next to each other so that one band can set up on one star whilst the other is playing on the other, they can have a shorter one between bands so the crowd only has to shift left of right a little. That way they can have 6 ‘headliners’. You’d still have the NME running opposite like normal so could have something like this: 

Main(s): Royal Blood - Bring Me The Horizon

NME: J Hus 

Main(s): Kendrick Lamar - Fall Out Boy 

NME: Wolf Alice 

Main(s): Foo Fighters - Imagine Dragons 

NME: Panic! at the Disco 

No idea really. 

Edited by Andre91