The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Tbf if that was legit I'd be well chuffed, Florence, Foos and Kendrick... can't complain. Would definitely convince me to get a ticket, in part out of curiosity to see how well a second stage would actually work.

I'd see half florence half RB, all of foos, half FOB half Kendrick.

Would be incredible.

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Not checked the forum in a few days, what's this dual main stage stuff?

Dan (the guy who leaked the 2014 lineup early) said that his source has told him next year there would be 2 main stages. Acts currently booked are Panic!At The Disco, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, Kendrick Lamar & Royal Blood. Also BMTH has been offered a slot

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Dan's heard some stuff.(the one that knew the 2014 poster)5a5c90d3d9451_ScreenShot2018-01-15at11_29_39.thumb.png.4445d3d3ba7eaa2b0785f0ec7f142888.png

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Dan (the guy who leaked the 2014 lineup early) said that his source has told him next year there would be 2 main stages. Acts currently booked are Panic!At The Disco, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, Kendrick Lamar & Royal Blood. Also BMTH has been offered a slot

So is this taking the place of another stage or is it just an addition? I'd be happy with Kendrick + RB out of those, the rest aren't making me ecstatic i have to say. BMTH would be class booking if they do indeed end up at R+L though.

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

So is this taking the place of another stage or is it just an addition? I'd be happy with Kendrick + RB out of those, the rest aren't making me ecstatic i have to say. BMTH would be class booking if they do indeed end up at R+L though.

We have no other info from that. To fit it on the site tho theyd have to get rid of NME and 1 more at least though.

1 minute ago, charlieharris23 said:

Is no one predicting Arctic Monkeys? Don’t think Im very keen on the idea of two mainstages 

Lemme go find my copy paste:

And regarding Arctics, i think theyre pretty unlikely now because:

1. If Foos are playing (which it's looking like they are) and AM are then that would be massive for R&L. Why waste 2 of the biggest ticket sellers in one year

2. It's only been 4 years, which is quite a short gap for most big bands (Foos will be on like an 8 year gap this year iirc)

3. Currently, it's looking like AM will be touring June/July (the opposite end of the summer to R&L)

4. They are heavily rumoured for Tramlines, which is in Sheffield. Why would they play Sheffield and Leeds?

5. Foos, Kendrick and a Royal Blood coheadline (with whoever) is such a well rounded set of headliners. Variety with kendrick, new acts being bumped up with the coheadline, should leave money left for the undercard (unlike last year) etc.

• Upvote 1

Just now, charlieharris23 said:

Is no one predicting Arctic Monkeys? Don’t think Im very keen on the idea of two mainstages 

Welcome to the forum!

AM are pretty unlikely we think at this point but not impossible, and we don't know if the idea of two main stages holds any truth to it right now or not. Many of us are thinking that it's fake as it seems unneeded and kind of unrealistic but nobody actually knows.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

We have no other info from that. To fit it on the site tho theyd have to get rid of NME and 1 more at least though.

Lemme go find my copy paste:

And regarding Arctics, i think theyre pretty unlikely now because:

1. If Foos are playing (which it's looking like they are) and AM are then that would be massive for R&L. Why waste 2 of the biggest ticket sellers in one year

2. It's only been 4 years, which is quite a short gap for most big bands (Foos will be on like an 8 year gap this year iirc)

3. Currently, it's looking like AM will be touring June/July (the opposite end of the summer to R&L)

4. They are heavily rumoured for Tramlines, which is in Sheffield. Why would they play Sheffield and Leeds?

5. Foos, Kendrick and a Royal Blood coheadline (with whoever) is such a well rounded set of headliners. Variety with kendrick, new acts being bumped up with the coheadline, should leave money left for the undercard (unlike last year) etc.

I think Foos wouldn’t be a great headliner for the current state of R&L but AM, Kendrick and RB + QOTSA would be a great line up 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

If that is the case I'd personally rather them stick to the old format, dunno everybody else's reaction to it but some of the best shows i've seen have been in that NME tent and to see it go would be disappointing, completely different atmosphere to the main stage. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Welcome to the forum!

AM are pretty unlikely we think at this point but not impossible, and we don't know if the idea of two main stages holds any truth to it right now or not. Many of us are thinking that it's fake as it seems unneeded and kind of unrealistic but nobody actually knows.

Does it say that I’m new ?? Hahahah

I don’t think I like the idea of it at all, part of me thinks they’d just get smaller headliners (Fall Out Boy) just to fill the novelty factor out 

2 minutes ago, charlieharris23 said:

I think Foos wouldn’t be a great headliner for the current state of R&L but AM, Kendrick and RB + QOTSA would be a great line up 

Well, QOTSA probably aren't playing because of their Finsbury gig.

And it's all well and good saying that. I think Daft Punk // Arctic Monkeys // Kendrick would be a better lineup, but that sure as heck aint happening either...

• Upvote 1

Just now, charlieharris23 said:

People I’d love to be there would definitely be AM, Kendrick, Radiohead, Tame Impala, Death Grips, Rex Orange, King Krule, Brockhampton, Swmrs, Mac DeMarco and Post Malone

Think you'll get almost definitely get Kendrick and decent chances of Rex Orange County, King Krule, Brockhampton, SWMRS and Post Malone. The rest I can't see.