new image

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only just started paying attention to what Bestival's been up to due to Outkast's announcement. are we any the wiser as to whether these pictures are hints towards the acts or just to the theme? hopefully the acts as that makes it quite exciting (and if the lightning bolt is actually Jake Bugg i'm sure it won't be as a headliner - a sub maybe, but not a headliner)

only just started paying attention to what Bestival's been up to due to Outkast's announcement. are we any the wiser as to whether these pictures are hints towards the acts or just to the theme? hopefully the acts as that makes it quite exciting (and if the lightning bolt is actually Jake Bugg i'm sure it won't be as a headliner - a sub maybe, but not a headliner)

On the other hand Foals are supposed to be going away for a while and writing a new album, if they do headline, I doubt they'll really show up anywhere else this year.

Was at their Reading set last year, wasn't the best, but the Glasto set looked amazing and I've heard great things from people at latitude

:lol:

I do kind of get what your saying but s long they don't do to much else this year I think Bestival is fair for them to do. Keeps them in the limelight a bit with the casual fans still while they work on new stuff.

Plus they deserve it with the show they are currently putting, was brilliant at Glastonbury last year!

Foals would be fine by me, not exactly an inspired booking but a decent enough choice for the 'cheap' headliner nonetheless.

RDB also tweeted earlier saying he tried his hardest to book Arcade Fire this year, I guess the bright lights of Glastonbury persuaded them to go in that direction regardless. It goes against what some people were saying last year though, in that it proves Bestival does try & compete with other major festivals for the big headliners.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

You think it was? I thought it was garbage. Might have been because of where I was but nobody seemed into it and the sound just floated off into the air (Other Stage grumble) so I wasn't impressed. They deserve a headline though with apparently how good they were at Latitude and still growing, it'll be too late for Bestival to get them next album. Plus they're probably only doing R+L before that as well.

You think it was? I thought it was garbage. Might have been because of where I was but nobody seemed into it and the sound just floated off into the air (Other Stage grumble) so I wasn't impressed. They deserve a headline though with apparently how good they were at Latitude and still growing, it'll be too late for Bestival to get them next album. Plus they're probably only doing R+L before that as well.