Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

It wasn't saying Reading was dead. How do you miss the point so consistently Matt? Is reading dead?

He was alluding to the fact that it's a festival that's long and gone, which is not the reality at all.

It just sounds like a guy who is struggling to understand the concept of time and ageing.

It doesn't at all. It acknowledges the festival has changed to suit the demo but it bemoans the shift in youth culture.

Yes but I struggle to see this 'massive shift', youths are going to see the most popular acts around right now.

What were they doing back then? Seeing the most popular bands of their time.

Nothings changed. Apart from what styles of music are more popular right now.

Edited by mattgimmeshelter

Yes but I struggle to see this 'massive shift', youths are going to see the most popular acts around right now.

This coming from a guy who moaned for months about Jake Bugg subbing.

So the shift from Marilyn Manson to Macklemore isn't substantial? Or the one day Dance Arena expanding into a three day 1xtra stage and a massively popular three day dance stage isn't substantial? The kids that go changing from ones in Slipknot hoodies to ones in Topman vests isn't substantial? That's the shift in youth culture it's talking about.

So the shift from Marilyn Manson to Macklemore isn't substantial? Or the one day Dance Arena expanding into a three day 1xtra stage and a massively popular three day dance stage isn't substantial? The kids that go changing from ones in Slipknot hoodies to ones in Topman vests isn't substantial? That's the shift in youth culture it's talking about.

Hang on though, System only played in 2013. (I know you're gonna target me for comparing Manson to System) but it's not now suddenly unheard of for a heavy band to play R&L.

50 Cent subbed green day in 2003, and he's a 'massive star'.

I have no objection to the dance stage, I feel it actually made the Queens crowd better, full of people that wanted to be there. Those who wanted D&B and EDM went to see Netsky.

I don't even think the Queens crowd was that small, and almost everyone who saw them (from my friend group) said they were "really really good" and glad that I recommended them.

I'd say the whole Topman thing is not the fault of reading, but the fault of youth culture as a whole, pretty sure there were annoying trends in the early 2000's that people moaned about. Pretty sure some people who adapted those trends attended reading.