Manics

yehbutnobut

Have you not noticed the lack of vjkvbjlasdjadnb jk'?

I'm on PC at work.

I can see your point about Chic, even though I don't agree. That's horses for courses innit. I just don't get it. I've tried. But I imagine it would have been a good laugh. He knows how to get the crowd going - he did at Bingley festival. Just not my thing.

Ah, I wondered why your posts seemed to be making even less sense than they did on Friday. Chic 'a good laugh'? Be off with you!

Nice M People fact though.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to GATS this morning and that sounds great too. I reckon it's a pretty solid album, some great guitar parts, some awesome lyrics. A particular favourite:

'I write this alone on my bed

I've poisoned every room in the house

The place is quiet and so alone

Pretend there's something worth waiting for

There's nothing nice in my head

The adult world took it all away

I wake up with same spit in my mouth

I cannot tell if it is real or not'

Proper teenage angst stuff that. Also great are Yourself and Symphony of Tourette ('Children can be cruel she said, So I smashed her in the fucking head').

I cannot deny that 15-year-old me wants them on the bill very much. Particularly given that I'll hopefully be with three friends whose 15-year-old selves will feel the same.

Edited by RebeccaD

Have you not noticed the lack of vjkvbjlasdjadnb jk'?

I'm on PC at work.

I can see your point about Chic, even though I don't agree. That's horses for courses innit. I just don't get it. I've tried. But I imagine it would have been a good laugh. He knows how to get the crowd going - he did at Bingley festival. Just not my thing.

I saw a bit of Chic on youtube. Saw that ballbag claiming to have written Lets Dance, then I switched it off.

Loathsome individual him

Ive seen the Manics a few times - including last time at Glasters.

Theres something about them... dunno.

Think its that I like the "idea" of the Manics more than the Manics. The lyrical fearlessness, androgeny, creepy imagery only takes me so far though. JDB's a top bloke it seems but the tone of his voice is off putting after a while. Its like air being released slowly from a balloon after the first 15 minutes.

;D

FANTASTIC drummer it has to be said though. Also, have they managed a career keeping Wire's mic switched off without him copping on?

Either way I'd toddle down to see 'em but have never bought a record. Is "You Love Us" on this record they want to play from top to bottom? Thats their best song, that.

Ive seen the Manics a few times - including last time at Glasters.

Theres something about them... dunno.

Think its that I like the "idea" of the Manics more than the Manics. The lyrical fearlessness, androgeny, creepy imagery only takes me so far though. JDB's a top bloke it seems but the tone of his voice is off putting after a while. Its like air being released slowly from a balloon after the first 15 minutes.

;D

FANTASTIC drummer it has to be said though. Also, have they managed a career keeping Wire's mic switched off without him copping on?

Either way I'd toddle down to see 'em but have never bought a record. Is "You Love Us" on this record they want to play from top to bottom? Thats their best song, that.

'You Love Us' is on Generation Terrorists, another great album.

If you're not familiar with The Holy Bible though, I'd highly recommend it - whether they play or not.

You Love Us
Motorcycle Emptiness
You Stole the Sun From My Heart
Faster
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
(with Nina Persson)
Everything Must Go
From Despair to Where
Autumnsong
Ocean Spray
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh)
Imperial Bodybags
Motown Junk
A Design for Life

You Manics geeks dissatisfied with what they did last time round? Looks a solid set from 6 years hence.

You Love Us

Motorcycle Emptiness

You Stole the Sun From My Heart

Faster

Your Love Alone Is Not Enough

(with Nina Persson)

Everything Must Go

From Despair to Where

Autumnsong

Ocean Spray

If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next

La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh)

Imperial Bodybags

Motown Junk

A Design for Life

You Manics geeks dissatisfied with what they did last time round? Looks a solid set from 6 years hence.

It's a decent enough set for the hits but there's an awful lot of bad new stuff in there. But I'd sit through it for the rest of the set. I reckon it would be worth it. If they dredge up Ocean Spray in 2014 though, I'd be very surprised.

The one due out next year is meant to be a follow on to the journal. And they never promoted that.

Having said that wire quite often says things like the new album is sort of holy bible meets disco funk with some sort of post punk ragha thrown in.

I'm sure jdb reads these quotes, looks at Sean and says but we've written a load of shit throwaway pop tunes. What's he on about.

:D

Wire always references the Holy Bible in everything they do. It's sad really because I think they really know they can't top it. That's why they brought it up at the Maida Vale thing - they know it's all people really want from them.

Wire always references the Holy Bible in everything they do. It's sad really because I think they really know they can't top it. That's why they brought it up at the Maida Vale thing - they know it's all people really want from them.

Well that's obviously not true because some people are buying the new stuff. But you know what I mean.

To be fair it was Lauren Laverne that brought it up at the Maida Vale session, whilst talking to JDB, he referred her over to Nicky, who brought up glastonbury.

I am 99% convinced they will play after speaking to all the band later that day.

Fingers crossed