Lineup 2015

kaosmark2

Ah okay, that would make more sense in the rational behind the statement. As I've said, I mean no harm by what I said and I do apologise for being a bit on the rough side there!

I would personally hate to see The Prodigy play V - would prefer to have them play at Reading & Leeds, even if this meant they were in a sub spot as you're going to get a better crowd there then anything you'll ever find anymore at V!

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

Is the crowd really that bad at V?

Regardless of the music

Paul Smith said this year that during Maximo Park's set, he was basically playing to about 30/40 people who were dancing and singing along - the rest apparently just stood there, motionless. Barry from The Fratelli's also mentioned that when he looked out, a good amount of people were just chatting away, not even looking at the stage, some with their backs to the stage. Sure this happens in most festivals but not often do several artists comment on the shit crowds. On the other hand, apparently acts like Olly Murs, The Saturdays and Rita Ora got massive crowds with great singalongs...

Paul Smith said this year that during Maximo Park's set, he was basically playing to about 30/40 people who were dancing and singing along - the rest apparently just stood there, motionless. Barry from The Fratelli's also mentioned that when he looked out, a good amount of people were just chatting away, not even looking at the stage, some with their backs to the stage. Sure this happens in most festivals but not often do several artists comment on the shit crowds. On the other hand, apparently acts like Olly Murs, The Saturdays and Rita Ora got massive crowds with great singalongs...

hm, depends on the acts then I presume

hm, depends on the acts then I presume

Indeed. I do think it's great that V is venturing even more into the pop side of things as it gives pop artists and pop fans a festival which they can fully enjoy. Like, everyone should be able to go to a festival in the uk which suits their music taste and V fits theirs perfectly. It does mean that people such as myself will mainly stay clear from all things V unless they manage to bag a band I highly adore, which is always possible.

Indeed. I do think it's great that V is venturing even more into the pop side of things as it gives pop artists and pop fans a festival which they can fully enjoy. Like, everyone should be able to go to a festival in the uk which suits their music taste and V fits theirs perfectly. It does mean that people such as myself will mainly stay clear from all things V unless they manage to bag a band I highly adore, which is always possible.

Rather have them there then at Reading haha

But the size of the gap means nothing as long as there is a reasonable sized gap there! You look into trends way too much mate - take things how they look, and it looks pretty clear that The Prodigy, with a new album coming out, will play at least 1 festival. Now whether this be V, where they haven't played in 4 years, or Reading and Leeds, where they haven't played in 5 years, we cannot be sure and it'll probably end up with whoever pays them more but as I've said, you cannot go around saying they're a sure fire bet for V next year when that's based on nothing but a hunch. You can go around saying they're a possibility for V, which is true, but you're making bold statements mate

EDIT: I apologise as re-reading this seems like I'm having a proper go at you and I'm sorry that its come across like that, I for one don't come on these boards to strike up arguments (and I'm sure neither do you!) but I get a little annoyed when people say things are near definite when they're really not

Don't feel bad, you're only the 876th person to tell him that. He doesn't get it but that's part of the fun.

Rather have them there then at Reading haha

It's a shame as v used to have decent lineups, the fan that would of gone to v go to reading(probably). Same with reading now the lineups are poorer the reading fan will be going to download(probably).

Glastonbury, well Glastonbury still have the old crusty dancing to fatboyslim thinking its still 1995.

But the size of the gap means nothing as long as there is a reasonable sized gap there! You look into trends way too much mate - take things how they look, and it looks pretty clear that The Prodigy, with a new album coming out, will play at least 1 festival. Now whether this be V, where they haven't played in 4 years, or Reading and Leeds, where they haven't played in 5 years, we cannot be sure and it'll probably end up with whoever pays them more but as I've said, you cannot go around saying they're a sure fire bet for V next year when that's based on nothing but a hunch. You can go around saying they're a possibility for V, which is true, but you're making bold statements mate

EDIT: I apologise as re-reading this seems like I'm having a proper go at you and I'm sorry that its come across like that, I for one don't come on these boards to strike up arguments (and I'm sure neither do you!) but I get a little annoyed when people say things are near definite when they're really not

It's not looking into it too much, it's just adding on to what Lucky said and as I've said, right from the start that I think The Prodigy will play V, I still say and maintain it. I do not think they'll be at R&L next year.

What thewayiam probably means instead is that Luckysalt said yesterday that The Prodigy look likely for V Festival. We tend to believe what he says here because of him picking up some decent bits of info in the past that turned out to be true. The thing about gaps and patterns was just a way of making it look like something thewayiam worked out himself.

Not really. Re-read you idiot - lucky commended me on giving him the credit towards the V information. Not tried to say anything other than I'm following on from what lucky said. And yes my thoughts on them at V have NOTHING to do with actual inside info, shouldn't need to say that but for a couple of you it still needs justifying.

Sometimes dentalplan, sometimes

It's not looking into it too much, it's just adding on to what Lucky said and as I've said, right from the start that I think The Prodigy will play V, I still say and maintain it. I do not think they'll be at R&L next year.

Not really. Re-read you idiot - lucky commended me on giving him the credit towards the V information. Not tried to say anything other than I'm following on from what lucky said. And yes my thoughts on them at V have NOTHING to do with actual inside info, shouldn't need to say that but for a couple of you it still needs justifying.

Sometimes dentalplan, sometimes

What?