yes! take that jeremy hunt you utter

Guest russycarps

Fantastic news. I really hope this encourages other people to challenge the Governments cuts, sorry I mean "efficiency savings" to the NHS.

Also the disgusting rag that is The Sun said the government was wrong to ring fence NHS spending and that the "culture of entitlement must end" today. Utter c**ts the lot of them.

Fantastic news. I really hope this encourages other people to challenge the Governments cuts, sorry I mean "efficiency savings" to the NHS.

Also the disgusting rag that is The Sun said the government was wrong to ring fence NHS spending and that the "culture of entitlement must end" today. Utter c**ts the lot of them.

As you point out its ring fenced , the cuts are due to the fact. the NHS needs 3% above inflation rises each year just to stand still due to the aging population. I think there is argument for reform, other European countries do better than us in areas such as cancer survival rates whilst spending 66% less per capita income, I guess the cuts will now come under labour post 2015 when interest rates on government debt start rising upto 5%

As you point out its ring fenced , the cuts are due to the fact. the NHS needs 3% above inflation rises each year just to stand still due to the aging population. I think there is argument for reform, other European countries do better than us in areas such as cancer survival rates whilst spending 66% less per capita income, I guess the cuts will now come under labour post 2015 when interest rates on government debt start rising upto 5%

I remember on holiday in France a few years ago going to a vineyard that our French hosts had recommended to discover to my surprise (and I'm sure to the surprise of our French friends) that it was owned and run run by a Brit.

We got chatting to him and he said: "It's great living in France, The healthcare is so good. No waiting lists. If you need treatment, you go to a hospital, are admitted and they fix it."

Then, ten minutes later he said: "Of course the problem in France is that the taxes are so high."

So what the heck did he think was paying for the wonderful health service he was praising. Realistically, you get what you pay for.