THE ROLLING STONES...ARE YOU FAKING IT?

Guest JulesyBoy

Pre-Glasto all I was telling folk was how great it was gonna be to see the Stones...you know the banter- a one off, legendary etc. etc..

In reality I managed about 15 minutes of the performance & had to go back to camp to change into some warmer clothes. A result of the Glasto chill setting in the moment the sun went down though too much booze didn't help. At base I then had to wait for the mobile to charge up before setting off back to the Pyramid.

Alas, I had lost all track of time & reality & missed the rest of the show.

Trouble is since returning I have felt compelled to tell porkies to the max...yes they were great, saw the whole thing, probably never tour again & all that.

Do I come clean & say it like it was? Should we start a Stones self-help group on this forum?

Tragic.

Pre-Glasto all I was telling folk was how great it was gonna be to see the Stones...you know the banter- a one off, legendary etc. etc..

In reality I managed about 15 minutes of the performance & had to go back to camp to change into some warmer clothes. A result of the Glasto chill setting in the moment the sun went down though too much booze didn't help. At base I then had to wait for the mobile to charge up before setting off back to the Pyramid.

Alas, I had lost all track of time & reality & missed the rest of the show.

Trouble is since returning I have felt compelled to tell porkies to the max...yes they were great, saw the whole thing, probably never tour again & all that.

Do I come clean & say it like it was? Should we start a Stones self-help group on this forum?

Tragic.

Ha! That's exactly how I see it. I tried to get a picture, even if it was a crappy one from a mile away, just to say I saw them. This was my first Glasto though...

Regarding the Stones, they were good, but yeah...nothing to brag about. Well, since they ARE the stones I guess it's ok to brag about seeing them to people that are jealous. lol

Ha! That's exactly how I see it. I tried to get a picture, even if it was a crappy one from a mile away, just to say I saw them. This was my first Glasto though...

Regarding the Stones, they were good, but yeah...nothing to brag about. Well, since they ARE the stones I guess it's ok to brag about seeing them to people that are jealous. lol

Exactly that.

I've had 42 years of living a good life so far, I've done some cool things, seen some cool things (even the Rolling stones, who surprised me with how good they were), I do not feel the need to pretend to have experienced things I did not to "look cool".

The fact that charging your phone was more important than the truth to the OP is one of the saddest things I've read on here.

However your attitude represents one that will do very well in the current picture of "success" today, you might want to seek work in the financial services industry, you'll fit right in.

I should explain. We were at the edge of the Pyramid field & the sound was drifting in the breeze as it always does there. I'd accidentally kicked someone (apologised) & been asked to get down from the bench I was standing on coz those behind couldn't see....we said what a load of rollocks, half the folk there didn't have a view & any how If we weren't on it someone else would be.

I'd been drinking neat Tia Maria...it had all gone horribly wrong- great expectations of a mega Stones set had fallen to pieces.

I had to wait for the phone to charge so that I could keep in touch with the location of our crowd & send annoying 'where r u' messages. Of course, they were where I had left them but nothing was making sense by then.

As a foot note I have not had to lie to anyone today about (not) seeing the Stones so the guilt is lifting.

Edited by JulesyBoy