Most Glastonbury appearances

Guest thesecretingredientiscrime

There are a few regulars who have been playing 5-6 shows every year for decades now:

Lekiddo Lord Of The Lobsters,

Mik Artistik,

Fatboy,

Hobo Jones,

Beans on Toast

There are probably a fair few T&C performers who have been doing it for years too.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

2 minutes ago, idb said:

I passed him in the T&C Field playing to about 10 people. Wondering if any performer ever plays to literally no-one?

Whilst working on the bar in the Stonebridge in 2019 I saw Cold War Steve do an hour long DJ set to single digits people total, with the tent being literally empty (besides those of us working in there) for some pretty decent stretches of that

20 minutes ago, idb said:

I passed him in the T&C Field playing to about 10 people. Wondering if any performer ever plays to literally no-one?

If this was Sunday afternoon at Sensation Seekers I was one of the10 🙂 Not the full show though. You got to admire the fact that he does work for his ticket, even in front of 10 people!

On 7/10/2023 at 4:25 PM, John Robson said:

Kangaroo Moon have played every Glastonbury since 1992. This year we reckon they clocked up their 150th gig there. 

The announcer in Toad Hall mentioned this before they were on this year - was impressed. I've seen them once at Glasto every year since 1994 (and havent missed a festival since then). Has become a kind of a tradition since I used to watch them in The Bell in Bath even before 94. Are you Mark's brother perchance?

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

The announcer in Toad Hall mentioned this before they were on this year - was impressed. I've seen them once at Glasto every year since 1994 (and havent missed a festival since then). Has become a kind of a tradition since I used to watch them in The Bell in Bath even before 94. Are you Mark's brother perchance?

Ah The Bell. Still drink in there on occasions and see a few bands. Seen Kangaroo Moon there as well. Crew from there do the Bandstand.

Hat and Feather another excellent pub back then. Great steak place now.

Sadly missed H&F. The Bell manager / staff once ran a bar at Glasto somewhere around Jazzworld in 97 / 98 I believe, maybe 95 too but dont recall. I used to go to The Hub nightclub at the bottom of The Paragon as well. Used to buy all my army surplus stuff in Walcot Street and 2nd hand records opposote at Lost in the Mix.

23 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Ah The Bell. Still drink in there on occasions and see a few bands. Seen Kangaroo Moon there as well. Crew from there do the Bandstand.

Hat and Feather another excellent pub back then. Great steak place now.

Also missed - Rival Records in The Corridor and the bookshop on the corner of Orange Grove where we used to buy our Glastonbury tickets in the 90s from a guy upstairs in a purple crushed velvet jacket... And Arcadia for joss sticks!