Last minute panic - solo female

Guest liz lemon

I'll echo what others are saying and also reassure you that you are not alone in feeling a bit anxious, I'm not going alone but circumstances mean I'm feeling a bit nervous about seeing some of the people I'm camping with. I know it will all be good though I plan to do my own thing and it sounds like chatting to randoms is a pre-requisite at Glasto anyway!

Not going solo but will be on my own in the carpark tonight - leaving very soon to get there well before the gates open - my lift and his sister both have workers passes so can go straight in - and of course, nobody else I know is getting to the fest until later on Wednesday or Thursday. Feel a little apprehensive about that, but well, its Glasto, You're never alone at Glasto.

You'll have a great time - and ye, what the person above me said - as long as you don't look anything like Ann Widdecombe, tell almost any bloke in there that you're there on your own and you're likely to find yourself quite popular. And even if you do look a bit like Ann Widdecombe...

Just relax, don't worry and I can honestly say I've never sat next to a stranger and struck up a conversation and found them unwilling to chat - completely off their face/drunk/don't speak English very well, yes, but never unfriendly!

You will make friends, people will want to meet up and see you again the next day. You cannot go wrong. Get your bearings, get settled, GET INVOLVED!

If this is your first time, it's about you and you only. The hours of fun walking around people watching are worth the ticket price on its own.

Have a great one.

C'mon Liz, deep breaths, it'll be marvellous and you know it. You gotta go, meet all the fellow tractorologists, talk a bitter bout farm machinery ha ha (see what I did there, bitter, lemon, my goodness I'm sharp tnite lol)

Cider bus 6pm ish tomorrow, you know it makes more sense than a big bag marked 'sense' :)

Apologies for the random ramble, red wine fuelled excitement

Ignore the less appropriate comments on here Liz.

You will have a great time

The festival is big but it is also broken down into areas that are like festivals within a festival. If you dont like the larger stages you can try the smaller scale ones.

Everyone is really friendly. We look forward to seeing you at the cider bus tomorrow.

You are going to be just fine. I went on my own as a lone female on the recycling team and it was the best. You can please yourself, bimble about, see what you want. Just be yourself you will have Glastonbury at your feet.

Liz, posted on this before. I'm going solo for the 1st time this year. Usually go with a group that I sort of know. Having said that, usually spend most of day on my own anyway. It's great to have no deadlines and you can just womble about and then go back to the tent/go to bed. When you want. My idea is to set up camp tomorrow, hopefully on Innards, it'll be easier to find a spot for one tent, make friends with neighbours and have a whale of a time meeting random people over the weekend. I would say that 99% of people on site are lovely and welcoming (you'll always get the odd knobhead) Be yourself and enjoy yourself!