Just for Jacko - The long awaited weather thread

Guest ramragon

we're in north lancs near Wray not far from Cumbria border, had rain and thunder this morning, was supposed to last all day but stopped around 9:30 and not had anything else bar a few drops all day despite the forecasts saying the depths of hell were preparing to break loose. I don't mind too much if the forecasts are out but when it says at 11am that we have thunder and I'm sat in the garden in the sunshine that is just lies. I am not going to trust anyone ever again ever.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're in north lancs near Wray not far from Cumbria border, had rain and thunder this morning, was supposed to last all day but stopped around 9:30 and not had anything else bar a few drops all day despite the forecasts saying the depths of hell were preparing to break loose. I don't mind too much if the forecasts are out but when it says at 11am that we have thunder and I'm sat in the garden in the sunshine that is just lies. I am not going to trust anyone ever again ever.

Seems that Yorkshire and Pennines got it worst.

Just found 3g! Had some big rain, thunder and lightening for quite a while this afternoon bit been dry since about 9pm. Ground holding up well - the previous dry weather obviously helped with ths as ground dry and soaking water up well

Just found 3g! Had some big rain, thunder and lightening for quite a while this afternoon bit been dry since about 9pm. Ground holding up well - the previous dry weather obviously helped with ths as ground dry and soaking water up well

Yes halfpint! So not a mudbath just yet?

Why are you on site out of interest?

An hour south and I have gone to work leaving my washing out because apart from a few wispy clouds the weather is looking pretty good.

General concensus now seems to be bit shit on Thursday but ok for the rest of the weekend. One more sleep!

I'll think of you all Friday & Saturday nights when I'm climbing into my nice dry PROPER bed :-)

I think I can speak for everybody on the forum when I say that we'd probably all sleep a lot better if you wasn't thinking about us in bed!

These caravan/chalet types eh!??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Bump...

Don't know if jacko is around anymore but thought it might be fun to bring back the weather thread for another year.

Cumbrian weather is being as unpredictable as ever over the last few days, going from 20+ degree blue skies yesterday (my poor white, northern body is now a rosy red) to torrential rain/flooding today. Hopefully we can get the heavy rain out of the way early this year and kc will be awash with glorious Cumbrian sunshine.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

Don't know if jacko is around anymore but thought it might be fun to bring back the weather thread for another year.

Cumbrian weather is being as unpredictable as ever over the last few days, going from 20+ degree blue skies yesterday (my poor white, northern body is now a rosy red) to torrential rain/flooding today. Hopefully we can get the heavy rain out of the way early this year and kc will be awash with glorious Cumbrian sunshine.

I feel honoured you have brought this back in my name!

Also you will all be glad to know I am not attending KC this year :( sad for me but great for you guys. Without me attending I can pretty much guarantee glorious sun for you all!

• 3 weeks later...