Just for Jacko - The long awaited weather thread

Guest ramragon

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any tactics for putting a tent up in the rain?

I can imagine it gets wet rather quickly.

Would the advice be... just get it up as fast as possible?

Yup - we take a tarp as well, just to chuck over the pile of stuff when you put it down! - also doubles up as somethign to sit on, and an emergency tent fix kit (with gaffer tape!)

Yup - we take a tarp as well, just to chuck over the pile of stuff when you put it down! - also doubles up as somethign to sit on, and an emergency tent fix kit (with gaffer tape!)

We had an idea... We have a Gazebo so thinking of whacking that up first for shelter then assembling tents under that?

Also got 2 rolls of gaffer tape just in case

It rained pretty heavy this morning and looks like we are getting more this afternoon - I am on site from about 3pm today so signal dependant will report on the conditions....looks like its going to chuck it down right about the time I'll be putting my tent up!

It rained pretty heavy this morning and looks like we are getting more this afternoon - I am on site from about 3pm today so signal dependant will report on the conditions....looks like its going to chuck it down right about the time I'll be putting my tent up!

Halfpint you must report back! If you don't we can just presume that the site is underwater and you have been swept away?

Some tents go up fly sheet first which is an advantage when you can keep the inside bits dry an just clip em on,if its an inside up first it can be worse in the rain ( the grim putting up of the tent at glatonbury 2011 in the lashing rain springs to mind !), on my hands and knees for half an hour with a plastic cup and 2 cloths trying to get the water out of the massive tent we took. Hopefully shouldnt be that bad tho !

Some tents go up fly sheet first which is an advantage when you can keep the inside bits dry an just clip em on,if its an inside up first it can be worse in the rain ( the grim putting up of the tent at glatonbury 2011 in the lashing rain springs to mind !), on my hands and knees for half an hour with a plastic cup and 2 cloths trying to get the water out of the massive tent we took. Hopefully shouldnt be that bad tho !

Jesus Ram, way to lighten the mood mate!