Glastonbury alcohol email?

Guest Amii

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the spirit (if that's not the wrong word) for what they were trying to suggest. Alcohol taken onto the site should be for personal consumption not re-sale.

It seems it was an example of poor phrasing. If they'd said, in a friendly way, that a measure of for your personal consumption was what you could carry, as opposed to take in on a trolley then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Then, provided you could demonstrate or persuade the people at the gate that you could actually carry the booze that was on your trolley, you'd be OK.

Post of the day.

To be honest I do not see the problem with people taking in enough for a bit of resale personally. I bought a few cans when I ran out in '09 and didn't want to pay bar prices and put a bit of cash in a student's pocket who had done his back in lugging more than he could consume onto the site. No harm there, I wasn't buying alcohol, I was paying him for the service of carrying it to the festival. There used to be plenty of free trade at the festival, I miss that.

I thought that.. Earlier thread about increasing prices, and I replied that I'm bringing in boxed cider at equivelent of 1.20 a pint, well if everyone does same sales will be lower. I don't think bringing own will stop the beer sales, and I don't think ME was behind this, but I wonder who is benefitting more if bar takings rise?

I can see the day coming before long whereby we are no longer allowed to bring our own ales.

In reference to the email about alcohol that went out to Glastonbury 2013 ticket holders this morning, my personal preference is for people that come to our festival to drink much less!

However, Glastonbury remains the only major festival that allows people to bring their own alcohol in, and you are still OK to bring your own alcohol through the gates, providing it’s just for your own use (whether it’s on a trolley or not).

Michael Eavis