Keeping Tent Cold

Guest Alabama shook

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have invested in some space blankets for this year. Thinking I'm going to use the inbetween skins method so they're less likely to get damaged/noisy in the wind. Not sure how to attach yet though, might have to buy some clothes pegs from work which I think are only £1. Hoping the weather is alright next weekend to do a practice run.

well as I work at many events each year it made sense to join them together so its like a large dome and when the inner tent is up its just placed on top - and then the outer fly sheet is connected as normal { but with the guy lines all connected } - if you don't join them they tend to slid about a bit .
My tent has a large porch so that protects it from the wind but if you use a tent that does not have a porch then it would make sense to try and hold them at the end but I have never needed to do this.
if its windy when you put the tent up you will need someone to hold onto them as they will fly off.

I bought a Eureka "El Capitan Air Control" tent which has the best ventilation option in itself. Pretty much every corner can be opened and ventilated, even in the rain without getting wet.

I think that the material a tent is made of, really makes the big difference in how hot it gets.