What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury?

Guest Arriente

It wasn't my intention to make people think of M People with the thread title, but it is making me laugh a little.

That song wasn't written for the Olympics though was it?? I think it is way older than 2012.

May be wrong though as my M People knowledge is pretty thin. Although I do know that Heather Small did the vocals on the second version of Ride on Time by Black Box after their uncleared sample of Loletta Holloway got them in hot water in 1989.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I have looked into a plastic bag which contains 6 tent pegs, a full strip of Co-Dydramol, two plasters, a half used packet of paracetemol, some asprin (important for thinning the blood out when taking on a heavy one), a spare phone battery, some tissues, a small roll of bin bags,one Rennie tablet, a small bottle of hand sanitiser, and a carton of 5-HTP capsules which I have never used in my life before but thought I'd buy for Bestival which was the last festival I went to last year. Strange, as this bag only re-surfaced at my girlfriends flat yesterday while she was doing some clearing up. I must admit, looking at the contents has given me a frission of excitement.

Today I have looked into a plastic bag which contains 6 tent pegs, a full strip of Co-Dydramol, two plasters, a half used packet of paracetemol, some asprin (important for thinning the blood out when taking on a heavy one), a spare phone battery, some tissues, a small roll of bin bags,one Rennie tablet, a small bottle of hand sanitiser, and a carton of 5-HTP capsules which I have never used in my life before but thought I'd buy for Bestival which was the last festival I went to last year. Strange, as this bag only re-surfaced at my girlfriends flat yesterday while she was doing some clearing up. I must admit, looking at the contents has given me a frission of excitement.

Went to tesco as they had club card voucher xchange for camping stuff which is also on sale got 65l rucksack for £19.50 collapsible lantern £6 and waterproof bags £6 - all free with vouchers!!! Then spotted " Festival Friendly" bag of gin- had to go in basket :)

Within the last week I've bought a new tent, put it up and back down again to make sure all is good, bought my camping chairs, bought a waterproof jacket (just in case, as I know if I don't take one it will rain. Now I've got one it will be glorious), and a day backpack.

As the weather is looking good today I think I'll get my big rucksack out of the shed, dust off the spiders and see what I've actually got in there, and add any stuff that I won't be taking in my trolley.

I'll also finish my list of stuff to take. :)

Went to Exeter Respect Festival yesterday to start the training of drinking cider in the sun whilst sitting on the grass, went well although still not sure of cider, maybe I should try a different one....

Quite a bit has changed for us since 2011, new baby, different car, new trolley etc. so today I'll be doing a practice run of packing the car. Going shopping tomorrow for all the remaining supplies apart from last minute bits like milk and cider. :-)